PDA

View Full Version : whats it worth

the-man-that-can
Friday 15th October 2010, 21:19
hi all was wondering what my cars worth. virtually standard 850 yellow saloon MANUAL t5r only mods are MBC and resirc valve removed so Blanking plate and hks ssqv fitted. cars done 238,000 tho drives like its done 10,000 no smoke or bangs, 2 rear tyres (toyo's) are like new and the fronts (toyo's) have plenty of life left in them. body works average with your normal lil dents n scrapes here and there (has scrape on rear bumper) waslike that when i bought the car. interior is nice tho drivers seat has age old leather cracked syndrome. all in all its a good car and ive spent a few quid on it replacing header tank, various water hoses, new plugs, ht leads, dizzy, ignition coil, rad, oil cooler seals, rubbers and clips, fitted hid/zennon builbs all round. i paid £1200 for car just under a year ago and have spent a fair few hundred on the car. car comes with 5th alloy wheel as spair tho needs refurb as corroded (fitted with pirreli tyre loadsa meat on it) was really just wondering what she is worth.

Flatout Phil
Friday 15th October 2010, 21:24
hi all was wondering what my cars worth. virtually standard 850 yellow saloon MANUAL t5r only mods are MBC and resirc valve removed so Blanking plate and hks ssqv fitted. cars done 238,000 tho drives like its done 10,000 no smoke or bangs, 2 rear tyres (toyo's) are like new and the fronts (toyo's) have plenty of life left in them. body works average with your normal lil dents n scrapes here and there (has scrape on rear bumper) waslike that when i bought the car. interior is nice tho drivers seat has age old leather cracked syndrome. all in all its a good car and ive spent a few quid on it replacing header tank, various water hoses, new plugs, ht leads, dizzy, ignition coil, rad, oil cooler seals, rubbers and clips, fitted hid/zennon builbs all round. i paid £1200 for car just under a year ago and have spent a fair few hundred on the car. car comes with 5th alloy wheel as spair tho needs refurb as corroded (fitted with pirreli tyre loadsa meat on it) was really just wondering what she is worth.

In simple terms, what someone will pay for it!

In reality, I should think about £1500 if it has an MOT and tax as it is a gull - although mileage is high. Is there a history with it?

The Flying Moose
Friday 15th October 2010, 21:25
Honestly mate even though its a sought after colour with 238k on the clock thats going to put off a fair amount of folk. What history does it have? At that mileage without near full history you cant expect massive bucks.

I would say you would probably get between £1000 and £1500 max. Cant see you loosing much off your original purchase price though.

Andy G
Friday 15th October 2010, 21:29
the mileage is the thing, despite the fact that these appear to go on and on and on! Many outside these circles look at high miles with disdain.

But I expect its a nicer example than many that appear today, but I'd agree with the £1k to £1.5k range, may change in a years time though when hopefully things improveand the market starts to stabilise a bit.

the-man-that-can
Friday 15th October 2010, 21:36
theres no history with the car sadly but the good news is at sum point in its life it had a replacement engine as the person i bought the car of is a freind of a freind. the car runs spot on and is so so smooth. mot runs out in jan but if i decide to sell the car for definate il put a fresh 12months ticket on the car as i know it will sail through the MOT. it has a new battery on it too a bosch. has 2 keys 2 fobs. i know mielage is high and the reason im thinking of selling is the fact i may look at getting meself a evo 8 thats all. id love to see the car go too a good home if i was to sell it and not sumone who is gona put viper stripes on it and neons tho hahahahaha i feel with time and money spent on the car it would indeed be worth alot more. i know i wont lose on what i paid for the car tho as u cant buy half good t5 for under 1k

and cheers for comments and advice guys much apreciated

pjaystar
Saturday 16th October 2010, 21:07
as owners of these very good cars we should demand more money. we control the market between one and one and half is nothing. i would not sell mine for that i would let it sit on my drive

siamblue
Saturday 16th October 2010, 21:32
The colour and the trans are the best of that car of the time, so it isn't like a run of mill auto Green car, why are you thinking of selling the car? or is it just for value your enquiry?
The mileage is the bad point but it is a 15 year old car which some people seem to forget, as when buying they expect it to be mint and just out of the showroom,
I would keep it if i were you.

Gary.

Flatout Phil
Saturday 16th October 2010, 21:49
as owners of these very good cars we should demand more money. we control the market between one and one and half is nothing. i would not sell mine for that i would let it sit on my drive

I do agree with the sentiment that I would not sell mine for much less than I paid for it because I am in the fortunate position that I can store it if needs be. I know I wont get a better one. That said, I don't think the market works in such a way that we can control prices - bottom line is, if you need to shift your car for a new one, you can only take what the market will offer. It is a bit like house prices (or anything else), you can pitch your price high, but you wont sell, because there will always be someone prepared to undercut to get a sale in what is a bear-market.
Sadly, it may be a few years before T5R/R begin to appreciate. But I don't think they will rise that far - I know we love them, but unlike say early Mercedes SL which have risen impressively in the last ten years, the big risers are invariably 'sexy beasts'. And this a T5R will never be.
Which is a shame. I just enjoy mine for what it is.

smithy
Saturday 16th October 2010, 22:50
im sorry to say mate but a friend of mine picked up a green 850 t5r manual with 135k on it with history and totally unmolested 850 pounds 9 months mot 4 months tax

the-man-that-can
Sunday 17th October 2010, 10:43
i was just wondering really siamblue as was looking into buying a new car. thing is what i paid for the T5R was so little i feel id never ever lose my money and i guess whats the point in paying a rediculous ammount of money on a shiny new car when all its gona do is get scratched and dented in car parks n just lose money day in and out as milage and wear and tear occurs. i think my INTERCEPTOR will be kept as logic and my freinds tell me id be a fool to get rid of her :) THANKS for all ur views guys much apreciated