PDA

View Full Version : (almost) done me proud

p fandango
Friday 15th October 2010, 18:44
took Bonny for her MOT this afternoon, failed on a front & a rear anit-roll bar link, pair of sidelights (says there too blue), number plate light blown & needs a new exhaust bracket. Not bad i don't think considering i haven't done any work on her in the 12months i've had her & she's done 165k miles

The Flying Moose
Friday 15th October 2010, 18:56
Meh only small things then mate, should cost peanuts to put right. Are you going to tackle the jobs yourself?

p fandango
Friday 15th October 2010, 19:07
Meh only small things then mate, should cost peanuts to put right. Are you going to tackle the jobs yourself?
yeh i'll order the bits tomorrow then give it a go over the weekend, got a good mechanic popping in for a visit tomorrow so might be able to con him into it (you know who you are lol). The only bit i'm worrying about is the front droplink, because the front wheels are stuck on with the stupid locking wheel nut that needs to be cut off

S60-MBS
Friday 15th October 2010, 19:12
Hi Duane,Front drop link can be done without removing wheel if you can jack car high enough.Thats the way I done mines anyway using friendly mechanics ramp :)

p fandango
Friday 15th October 2010, 19:14
Hi Duane,Front drop link can be done without removing wheel if you can jack car high enough.Thats the way I done mines anyway using friendly mechanics ramp :)
boy am i glad to hear that, don't think i've got any more cutting discs to get the wheel off lol

p fandango
Saturday 16th October 2010, 16:19
got all the parts this morning from GSF for £35, Powerflow made me a new exhaust bracket for £10. Sidelights fitted, rear anti-roll bar link fitted, number plate light removed so i can pick one up tomorrow which just leaves the front roll bar link to do :frown:

Flatout Phil
Saturday 16th October 2010, 18:17
Oh come on Duane! A man of your capabilities should be able to get his nuts off - what is the problem with them? Are you still cutting them off with the grinder? I have to say - rather like burglar alarms - locking nuts do far more to be a nuisance to the owner than the pikey chavs who nick wheels!

JelT5
Saturday 16th October 2010, 18:42
boy am i glad to hear that, don't think i've got any more cutting discs to get the wheel off lol

Used them up on BT! lol

Good it's only fairly minor stuff for the MOT mate :)

p fandango
Saturday 16th October 2010, 18:57
Oh come on Duane! A man of your capabilities should be able to get his nuts off - what is the problem with them? Are you still cutting them off with the grinder? I have to say - rather like burglar alarms - locking nuts do far more to be a nuisance to the owner than the pikey chavs who nick wheels!
the dealer i bought Bonny off had tighened them up way too tight, even the local tyre shop couldn't shift them with there airgun. I don't think i'm going to bother with lockers

p fandango
Saturday 16th October 2010, 18:58
Used them up on BT! lol

Good it's only fairly minor stuff for the MOT mate :)
lol how did you guess. She hasn't done bad at all, the MOT tester even liked my cone filter lol

p fandango
Sunday 17th October 2010, 17:18
drop-links bloody, Volvo were kind & used a 18mm nut on the front top which i haven't got. Phoned round everyone i know in Cov but managed to get one after a plea on facebook lol. Number plate bulb to replace & ready for the retest

p fandango
Monday 18th October 2010, 19:16
re-tested & all passed ok, back on the road for another 12months :partysmil

Liddo
Monday 18th October 2010, 22:42
Congratulations, the feeling is good when you get that piece of paer ;)

Our cars are still fairly new on here compared to some, but they still can be a pain come MOT time

;)

p fandango
Tuesday 19th October 2010, 06:14
Our cars are still fairly new on here compared to some, but they still can be a pain come MOT time
& being Volvo can be expensive to go with it