PDA

View Full Version : Any one got part no's please?

swordy21
Thursday 14th July 2005, 17:15
I am just gearing up to replace/recon my:-

1) Front wheel hub & Bearing
2) Outer CV joints
3) Lower wishbone bushes
4) Discs and pads

I've got most bits so far, but does anyone know:-

1) Part No's for the 4 hub mounting bolts that mount the hub to the steering knuckle. Looks like they are Torx Flange bolts.
2) Size and part no for the big wheel hub nut.

Simply so that I can ring my local stealer and check they have them rather than going through the rigmarole of looking at their pictures and checking their computer and looking for the bin, then discovering they havn't got enough.

It took me 30 mins just to get the brake calliper mounting bolts last week, and they only had 3 of the front ones. I need to have everything before I start the job, as once started must be finished as my only pony is the T5.

BTW - advice on bushes - original volvo ones at £34 +VAT for 2 or Powerflex polyprop for £63 for 4 or Replacement from ECP for £10.56 +vat (i presume for 2)

Thanks Chaps

andi t5
Thursday 14th July 2005, 19:59
I am just gearing up to replace/recon my:-

1) Front wheel hub & Bearing
2) Outer CV joints
3) Lower wishbone bushes
4) Discs and pads

I've got most bits so far, but does anyone know:-

1) Part No's for the 4 hub mounting bolts that mount the hub to the steering knuckle. Looks like they are Torx Flange bolts.
2) Size and part no for the big wheel hub nut.

Simply so that I can ring my local stealer and check they have them rather than going through the rigmarole of looking at their pictures and checking their computer and looking for the bin, then discovering they havn't got enough.

It took me 30 mins just to get the brake calliper mounting bolts last week, and they only had 3 of the front ones. I need to have everything before I start the job, as once started must be finished as my only pony is the T5.

BTW - advice on bushes - original volvo ones at £34 +VAT for 2 or Powerflex polyprop for £63 for 4 or Replacement from ECP for £10.56 +vat (i presume for 2)

Thanks Chapsyou need a vadis dvd mate

JackT5
Friday 15th July 2005, 07:31
When i did my front bearing the hub from dealer came complete with the bolts, but not sure about the nut although it seems likely it did. If you go main dealer route for the hub just check what you get, no good getting the bolts twice:) .

swordy21
Friday 15th July 2005, 09:21
When i did my front bearing the hub from dealer came complete with the bolts, but not sure about the nut although it seems likely it did. If you go main dealer route for the hub just check what you get, no good getting the bolts twice:) .

The one I got doesn't have bolts. £79 from GSF - OEM. Volvo wanted £164+vat. Guess which route I went. Bolts will be in the region of £1.20 each so I don't mind going to Volvo for those.

swordy21
Friday 15th July 2005, 09:21
you need a vadis dvd mate

SSShhhhh......I know but I'm not allowed.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 15th July 2005, 09:41
Don't do powerflex - Volvo is more than adequate and will keep the noise down.

andi t5
Friday 15th July 2005, 11:49
SSShhhhh......I know but I'm not allowed.guy flogging them on e bay at present around a tenner got to be worth that

madness
Friday 15th July 2005, 22:21
vadis is now obsolete