PDA

View Full Version : 854r suspension onto a 97 fwd v70r

pigfight
Thursday 14th October 2010, 20:31
hi folks,
would any of you know if transferring my apex lowering springs off a 96 854r to a 97 fwd v70r would work?
also, i had a hlm 304 ecu in the 854r, would it be worth my while to put it in the v70r? or am i asking for trouble?
as ever, all comments/advice greatly appreciated.

T5frankie
Thursday 14th October 2010, 20:45
so you chose a v70r over an 850 then mate? good choice

pigfight
Thursday 14th October 2010, 20:58
hi frank (i remembered, yay)
yeah, once i went to view the car and drove it, i was sold, its got (almost) full service history and only 2 owners, the 2nd owning it for 2 yrs and only doing 600 miles in it, so im well chuffed.
with it being totally standard though, i would like more power, so im planning to transfer my r.i.p kit and cone filter over from my 854r, and maybe looking into a custom exhaust when the funds allow, but would like to lower it and try my remapped ecu in it, but dont want to do this until someone can assure me it should be ok. hence the query.
thanks for the support.

T5frankie
Thursday 14th October 2010, 22:04
any pics what colour is it?

pigfight
Thursday 14th October 2010, 22:14
its black with the cream interior (which is gonna be a ball ache to keep clean but looks fantastic)
no pics yet, but as soon as i give it a good polish and wax, i'l try putting some up.
as i said, i want to do a bunch of stuff to it in terms of looks and performance, but keeping costs as low as poss., so any advice on the above 2 questions would be great.

dales28
Thursday 14th October 2010, 22:22
Hi, i'm new to VPC, got a 98 V70R FWD, running 288BHP. Would like to lower it 40mm all round but can you tell me which springs/ dampers are best for the money as want to keep the cost down. Thanks Steve

Ed.
Friday 15th October 2010, 13:18
Pretty sure the 850 would be running a bosch 4.3 ecu, whilst the v70 is a bosch 4.4 so not compatible.

Ed

T5frankie
Friday 15th October 2010, 16:34
its black with the cream interior (which is gonna be a ball ache to keep clean but looks fantastic)
no pics yet, but as soon as i give it a good polish and wax, i'l try putting some up.
as i said, i want to do a bunch of stuff to it in terms of looks and performance, but keeping costs as low as poss., so any advice on the above 2 questions would be great.

I do like the black ones. go get a hlm re-map only £150 make your own rip kit to save yourself a load of cash, exhaust induction kit, i have a k&n cone filter i'm selling if you are interested?

pigfight
Friday 15th October 2010, 17:01
cheers for the offer frank, but i already have a (home made) r.i.p kit and cone filter.
a remap is defo on the cards though (again when funds allow), would like to lower it first though, so just wondered if the lowering springs off a 96 854r (saloon) would be suitable to put on the 97 v70r (2wd) as to save myself having to buy new.
cheers

pigfight
Saturday 16th October 2010, 11:00
Pretty sure the 850 would be running a bosch 4.3 ecu, whilst the v70 is a bosch 4.4 so not compatible.

Ed

cheers ed,
on checking the owners manual for both, your spot on, the 850 is motronic 4.3, and the v70 is motronic 4.4.
appolligies for sounding dumb (trying to learn all the time!!) but what are the differences? in laymans terms if poss.
the reason for asking is that i was going to hopefully get the 850 engine (m4.3) refurbed, stronger con-rods etc, and put it into the v70 (m4.4)
im now guessing that it wouldn't be as straight forward as i first thought?
cheers.