PDA

View Full Version : V70 T5 Hesitating

WHOOSH
Tuesday 12th October 2010, 22:31
Hello, sorry have not been on for a while, but i have been offered my old v70 t5 with 163,000 miles back so i need some advice please, first the car has two problems the first, on long sweeping bends the steering apears to lock and you have to force it back to straight but no all the time, fault no'2 when the turbo comes in whilst in 3rd gear upwards the car hesitates and jerks as if its missing or hitting the over boost although its not harsh, sorry for the long post and Thankyou in advance.

t5 stealth
Tuesday 12th October 2010, 22:42
1st thing to do is check the steering coupling uj.
it might be its starting to sieze up.....or if the car has sat for a long time it could make it a bit tight after a wile,

2nd thing.
possible missfire,
plug leads..........plugs.or even stale fuel if car sat around a long time.
check the basics first,

has the car sat around dormant for a time or do you know much history etc

WHOOSH
Tuesday 12th October 2010, 22:50
1st thing to do is check the steering coupling uj.
it might be its starting to sieze up.....or if the car has sat for a long time it could make it a bit tight after a wile,

2nd thing.
possible missfire,
plug leads..........plugs.or even stale fuel if car sat around a long time.
check the basics first,

has the car sat around dormant for a time or do you know much history etc

Hello, no the car has never been stood and its still got full service history, is the coupling the one where the steering column meets the rack, Thankyou.

t5 stealth
Wednesday 13th October 2010, 18:31
Hello, no the car has never been stood and its still got full service history, is the coupling the one where the steering column meets the rack, Thankyou.

yeah thats the one,
you could try jacking up both front wheels and manually turning the steering to see if it feels knotchy or not quite smooth....with the engine off....see if its goes tight loose tight loose as you turn it.

streaky744
Wednesday 13th October 2010, 21:03
what year is the v70?

hesitation in higher gears could be many things. maybe its along the lines of the boost control valve not doing its job or if later engine model (me7) maybe vvt sensor? split vacum pipe even?

steering sounds like power steering pump / rack valve (internal) to me more than a uj.

would advise getting a garage to look at steering so you know, as if it locks at speed you may not get chance to straighten it in time and have an accident.

WHOOSH
Wednesday 13th October 2010, 22:07
what year is the v70?

hesitation in higher gears could be many things. maybe its along the lines of the boost control valve not doing its job or if later engine model (me7) maybe vvt sensor? split vacum pipe even?

steering sounds like power steering pump / rack valve (internal) to me more than a uj.

would advise getting a garage to look at steering so you know, as if it locks at speed you may not get chance to straighten it in time and have an accident.

Hello, its a 1999, Thankyou.

streaky744
Thursday 14th October 2010, 23:40
as yours is a 1999 model most likely its me7 engine, so hesitation could be your boost control valve or vvt sensor. a code read may bring something up.

could also be your maf or lambor sensor on its way out.

hope these ideas help but trip to a garage may be best bet to have it put on a computer, even better if they can do live data and take car on test drive while its plugged in for graph print out and check all paramaters of the engine while they are at it