PDA

View Full Version : My Car Leaks

Steveh24
Tuesday 12th October 2010, 22:28
My Volvo S60 is leaking when it rains, but it is restricted to the pan behind the passengers side front seat and I have to keep draining it out with small Tupperware container and then putting a dry towel in the pan.

Does anyone know where the leak may be coming from as its becoming a real nuisance, sometimes there is about 10mm of floating water, I have had a close look at the bulkhead but cant see anything.

Steveh24

KPB
Wednesday 13th October 2010, 09:35
Are the door rubbers ok?

Steveh24
Wednesday 13th October 2010, 16:36
Yes door rubbers are fine, water is getting in from the inside, but not getting into the fron pan in front of the front seat

SKIDMARKS
Wednesday 13th October 2010, 18:44
Has yours got a sunroof ?

t5 stealth
Wednesday 13th October 2010, 18:56
has it had any work on the door on the side that leaks.
if the inner door panel has been removed and the membrane between door and panel isnt stuck down properly or missing then water gets in running down the wrong side of the panel,then into the car as its running down the wrong side of the seal....if that makes sence lol.
alternativly you could try sitting inside the car while someone holds a hose over that area to see if you can see it run in.

v70torslanda
Wednesday 13th October 2010, 23:43
Are you sure the hose hasn't come off the heater plenum and what you're seeing is water from the air con?

Steveh24
Thursday 14th October 2010, 09:47
Are you sure the hose hasn't come off the heater plenum and what you're seeing is water from the air con?

This sounds plausable, where is the hose connected, is it in the bulkhead

Steveh24

v70torslanda
Thursday 14th October 2010, 15:36
Others who know better will be along soon but i believe it is in the NSF footwell tucked up under the back ofthe centre console. YMMV.

Liddo
Thursday 14th October 2010, 20:50
On my Passat, if the drainage ducts in the bulkhead where blocked, the water would come in, and run to the back of the car (for some reason)

Do you park on a driveway in a certain direction???

It could be a pipe at the front, but if you parked up hill, it will drain to the back. A bit obvious i know, but its just a thought.

BTW, Ive not heard of ANY S60's leaking

Steveh24
Friday 15th October 2010, 16:21

Good call, I took the seat out today and the front carpet and I can see the water coming from the heater plenum, it's particularly bad coz I use the A/C all the time.

Anyway, I'm letting my mechanic sort it out coz it looks like that part of the dash has to be removed to get at the heater.

Steveh24