PDA

View Full Version : Turbo.

lance
Thursday 14th July 2005, 14:46
I recently bought a 59K ex police right off 16T from salvo for a very reasnoble price and have just took it to midland turbo for a refurb (£170) its like brand new now. Cant wait for the end of month to get it fitted at DPA and have a quick service too.

I would have used VT however its a bit of a treck for me and this way I get to do in stages which helps me budget better too.

I cant wait to save up for a VT suspension pack now.

I know DPA uses Midland turbo and they have a very good reputation in Notts.
www.midlandturbo.com

Mrsmopp
Thursday 14th July 2005, 14:56
About time too!! LOL

Great news Lance, look forward to seeing you break the 15 second barrier later in the year matey!

x

lance
Thursday 14th July 2005, 15:20
Defo need to break the 15 second barrier and hopefully at Bruntinthorpe the 155 barier too :B_steerin

Mrsmopp
Thursday 14th July 2005, 15:27
Defo need to break the 15 second barrier and hopefully at Bruntinthorpe the 155 barier too :B_steerin

LOL!! A nice bit of private road to test on!

x

lance
Thursday 14th July 2005, 15:45
Need a nice private road soon some cool air would be nice too!

Then we would have less people posting about aircon breakdowns and (my T5 feels slow), Im convinced they suffer a little heat soak in this whether.
I do hope winnies AC is fixed soon though, I supose if you are on open road its not to bad , but getting in first thing can burn a bit I bet!

Its strange with aircon cos you never miss it untill you have had it!

t5owner
Thursday 14th July 2005, 17:27
Lance,

Got a bargin there then

How do you rate midland turbo as they are less than a 10 minute walk from where i live so i may poss remove my turbo when i`m on my hols in july/august and take it down for a refurb as i`m sure its not giving the boost that it should

Might see you at dpa mines in on 18 th for seized locking wheel nuts (all four) removal and poss turbo return pipe oil leak

Cheers

macV70R
Thursday 14th July 2005, 17:52
How much should you expect to pay for a second hand 19t from a 99 v70r 265hp model?

Thanks,

Mac

Mrsmopp
Friday 15th July 2005, 08:56
They dont come up very often so its difficult to put a price on them and it would obviously vary depending what sort of mileage it has done.

x

Al115
Friday 15th July 2005, 10:19
I looked around for a second-hand 19T for months... then gave up and bought a new one!

Alastair

lance
Friday 15th July 2005, 10:32
Lance,

Got a bargin there then

How do you rate midland turbo as they are less than a 10 minute walk from where i live so i may poss remove my turbo when i`m on my hols in july/august and take it down for a refurb as i`m sure its not giving the boost that it should

Might see you at dpa mines in on 18 th for seized locking wheel nuts (all four) removal and poss turbo return pipe oil leak

Cheers

I rate them highly DPA regularly uses them too and they have been going for years. There work shop is like a science lab and imaculate.
Before you remove your turbo why dont you give us a shout and we can plumb a temporary boost gauge on to your car to see how shes boosting.
I only live in sneinton so cant be far from you. Ive PM d you my numbers.

lance
Friday 15th July 2005, 10:33
How much should you expect to pay for a second hand 19t from a 99 v70r 265hp model?

Thanks,

Mac

Try Salvo for a second hand unit , but I bet there rare!

macV70R
Friday 15th July 2005, 12:45
Try Salvo for a second hand unit , but I bet there rare!

Jusy bought a second hand one, payed £200 quid for it.

Not bad I thought...

Mac.

Mrsmopp
Friday 15th July 2005, 12:52
Sounds pretty resonable to me - Any idea on the mileage its done?

x

macV70R
Friday 15th July 2005, 13:37
Not sure yet, but it is a 99+ car.

The 265hp version.

Mac