PDA

View Full Version : V70 2.4 (170) start of electrical problems??

Flash B
Sunday 10th October 2010, 10:24
Hi all,
My 2003 V70 170 is starting to have little faults starting with the electrics. First my sunroof died (open) in the summer, then the bulbs have started to fail, the display now shows 'tailgate open' and 'alarm system service required' plus 'multiple bulb failure' and the other day it said 'battery low' for no reason. The bulbs have fixed themselves apart from the nearside dipped beam. I have replaced the alarm fuse and it blows straight away... Anyone had similar problems??
The battery message has gone and there seems to be no problem there. I'm clearly no mechanic, but is this likely to be an earth fault?

Any ideas?

A.J
Sunday 10th October 2010, 14:32
Alarm problem is very common one, needs siren replaced, but if you decide to do so, get alarm kit as it is cheaper then siren on it's own.

Laserowl
Monday 11th October 2010, 08:39
Totally agree with AJ.

Try contacting RUFE at FRF Motors....see traders section and you will get the whole alarm kit at quite a discount.

Sorted out my problems with the T6 and contary to what volvo say, no need to have it contected up and programmed, works straight out of the box.

Flash B
Monday 11th October 2010, 22:15
Cheers guys,
what kind of price are we talking?
I've just replaced the dipped beam bulbs with upgraded ones and been flashed at all the way home - result!!

I am still baffled at the 'tailgate open' message though...any thoughts?

Baj
Tuesday 12th October 2010, 02:24
Put a voltage meter over the battery on idle.
I had a few odd messages when my alternator died. (should be reading around 14.3v)