PDA

View Full Version : Done on power since changing coil ? like it has gone bk to standard boost and power

boycey
Friday 8th October 2010, 12:33
My 850 T5 came to a sudden stop sunday nite on the M1, was in the 3rd lane put my foot down and suddenly nothing.

Managed to roll safely to the next slip road.
Rac came out to me and we found that it had lost all spark.

So i have fitted an ignition coil with new ignition module.
Battery went flat.

Just been up the road and its only boosting to what it was before HLM chipped it a few years back.
Boost gauge just goes into the white section rather than all the way round to the right :)

No lights on dash and everything else seems fine.

thanks in advance matt

t5 stealth
Friday 8th October 2010, 18:17
check you havnt knocked off a vacccum pipe somewhere whilst working on it,retrace your steps,
i think you may of disconnected the boost control valve maybe...something like that...
the bcv is located on the left side of the airbox.........or filter,depending wot you got fitted,2 pipes onto it and a plug...but check all the other pipes.

boycey
Friday 8th October 2010, 22:35
All sorted :)

Checked and rechecked everything as i got home. Then tested it back up the road. gave it a good drive at 70 mph.

Still not performing as it should be. Left it sitting for about an hour.
Went back out in it and now its back to its orginal self Boosting all the way round the gauge :)

All i can think of whats happened is that when i lost spark it has continued to throw fuel into the engine. Thus causeing a blockage in the Cat. As when it cleared a load of smoke came from the exhaust, and something flew out (maybe a bit of my Cat lol)

So all sorted now :) Hope this helps anyone in the future with a similar fault.