PDA

View Full Version : lambda sensor

T5frankie
Thursday 7th October 2010, 16:48
my warning light came on this morning after i filled up with bp97 fuel is this the cause or a coincidence? what causes this light to come on? cheers.

p fandango
Thursday 7th October 2010, 16:53
theirs loads of reasons why the light comes on, best to read the codes & see what it says

princepugh
Thursday 7th October 2010, 17:25
Yup - read the codes if you can. Also worth searching on here to find out about the little elbow vac pipe which is known to split, leak and give you the lambda light on the Phase 1.

T5frankie
Thursday 7th October 2010, 18:35
so does anybody think its the petrol? it happened as soon as i put it into a virtually empty tank and started it

LiamT4
Thursday 7th October 2010, 19:51
so does anybody think its the petrol? it happened as soon as i put it into a virtually empty tank and started it

Suppose it could be. When i went to my 1st 1/4mile, on the way i filled up (from almost empty) and within 5mins the light came on, then when i filled up again a few days later the light went out again. Its never came on again.

Could just be a coincidence.

T5frankie
Thursday 7th October 2010, 20:00
Suppose it could be. When i went to my 1st 1/4mile, on the way i filled up (from almost empty) and within 5mins the light came on, then when i filled up again a few days later the light went out again. Its never came on again.

Could just be a coincidence.

hope so mot is in a month and everything is going wrong lol

LiamT4
Thursday 7th October 2010, 20:04
hope so mot is in a month and everything is going wrong lol

Thats typical.

I'd def do what princepugh suggests though, they are weak.