PDA

View Full Version : dump valve

mightywolf
Wednesday 6th October 2010, 20:47
ok I'm after a new dump valve. At the moment I've got a bailey dv26. I'm changing it for a couple of reasons...

1) I think its buggered and bleedin out all the time due to the constant hiss.
2) Its not too loud.

So any ideas on type make etc?
Also what difference does the size of the inlet on the dump valve make? I think mine is a 25mm but it could fit bigger due to the silicone hose. Does anyone know the differences?
cheers
Mark.

p fandango
Wednesday 6th October 2010, 20:57
are the Bailey valves not servicable, & can't you change the spring for a stiffer one? (no idea on Bailey's tbh)

are you running the recirc valve as well?

JelT5
Wednesday 6th October 2010, 21:02
What he said annnnd...
the Forge BOV is pretty good and loud plus they do a kit for T5s; the hose inlet is 25mm IIRC; I'll check tomorrow and let you know.
I don't know if bigger inlets make any difference, sorry.

mightywolf
Wednesday 6th October 2010, 22:31
are the Bailey valves not servicable, & can't you change the spring for a stiffer one? (no idea on Bailey's tbh)

are you running the recirc valve as well?

the re-circ is blanked off. I've heard that they are servicable but I can't find any kits. I did think it could be the spring being a little too weak as I'm running about 15psi with my mbc. The constant hiss makes me think it could be just opening the spring all the time. Would stretching the spring help?

mightywolf
Wednesday 6th October 2010, 22:33
What he said annnnd...
the Forge BOV is pretty good and loud plus they do a kit for T5s; the hose inlet is 25mm IIRC; I'll check tomorrow and let you know.
I don't know if bigger inlets make any difference, sorry.

I'm gonna look into 'em. I'm sure mine is 25mm. Just wondering on what difference the bigger opening could make. maybe something to do with pressure ie. bigger opening less pressure? I dunno. Just seems strange when I'm sure it'll fit a bigger one as it joins onto a silicone hose.

gmain1967
Wednesday 6th October 2010, 22:41
Strange one - never had a baileys valve, but anyone who has that I know thought they were loud.... Rather than stretch the spring, you could make a shim up (a coin or similar will do), and place that under the spring. That shortens the distance and in effect, increases the resistance, thus the valve will hold higher boost.

mightywolf
Wednesday 6th October 2010, 22:54
Strange one - never had a baileys valve, but anyone who has that I know thought they were loud.... Rather than stretch the spring, you could make a shim up (a coin or similar will do), and place that under the spring. That shortens the distance and in effect, increases the resistance, thus the valve will hold higher boost.

yeah sounds like its worth a try. gonna try the little things first! they are supposed to be able to handle 60psi so I'm now starting to think it may not be the spring. I have just read that they have a little plastic washer or something inside that tends to go on them. I'll try the shim thing though and try blanking it off to see if the hiss goes away. I might be thinking its the bov and it could be a leaky pipe somewhere!!