PDA

View Full Version : V70 P1 brake pipe problems.

willi
Tuesday 5th October 2010, 17:01
Has anyone else had this issue????

Mot failure on perished o/s/f flexi brake pipe.. Managed to buy the hose without an issue, but under no circumstances would it undo from the solid copper pipe to the ABS unit.
I ordered a new solid pipe from the local volvo dealer using my reg no, the pictorial printout with the part no was (9157972) apparently this pipe is used across quite a range of volvo vehicles.

When i received it it had two 11mm screws one on each end. My ABS has ALL 13mm screwed pipe ends.
Info was checked at volvo who said it was right,so another was ordered in case the wrong pipe had been put into the box. It again had two 11mm screw ends.
They advised that i would have to have one made bespoke which hade an 11mm one end with a 13mm screw the other, so this is what i am doing now.

The ABS is the original..

Very strange.

streaky744
Wednesday 13th October 2010, 21:36
any good garage could make you this pipe up, using new ends and would cost around £5 for pipe and the ends. very easy to do also. quite common for old pipes to seize into flexi hoses.

i tend to put large mole grips to hold hose and use snap on brake pipe spanner to undo. small amount at a time then re tighten but some are that solid it has to be new pipe.