PDA

View Full Version : Ipod interface removing tuner.......?

DMV70R
Monday 4th October 2010, 22:07
Hi. Hope someone can point me it the right direction. Ive recntly bought an'03 V70R which has RTI screen, DVD rom navigation and tv tuner. The headunit is an HU803.

Ive been looking into the 'SENSOLUTIONS iPod adapter iMIV classic
for Volvo with DVD Navigation system (with RTI)' which looks as though it will do everything i want(video and audio onto screen). I was planning to remove the tv tuner and install this unit in its place hopefully utilizing existing wiring reducing any chance of faults. All the instals ive looked at with this look as though they didnt have tuner. Would this be a good way to go or is there an easier/cheaper way?

I do like the look of the unit due to the display of tracks and headunit control.

Thanks

DMV70R
Tuesday 5th October 2010, 18:32
Looking deeper into sockets on imiv the iPod plug appears to be the same as that on existing tv tuner. Has anyone plug anything into this and what is the lead called?

LeeT5
Tuesday 17th May 2011, 20:46
how did you get on? Any piccies? I too have same car but without the Tv tuner. I have the RTI and SAT NAV thou. What was the cost and does it all work ok?

LeeT5
Saturday 22nd October 2011, 16:41
read this thread m8. You will know what to do after reading it. :wink:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35950

IMiv 'Classic' delivered and including the reverse camera harness and plug....£310 shipped to your door.