PDA

View Full Version : momentary loss of power

t5_monkey
Monday 4th October 2010, 17:37
I'd been cruising for about 100 miles in the pouring rain at 70 on cruise control.

Slow down for some roadworks, pottered through, dropped into third and floored it and then completely lost power....

the engine light came on and flashed for about 10 seconds... I changed to sixth and slowed down.... it went out, no issues, steam, noise... car went completely back to normal and ran totally fine after that.

Can anyone explain what it might be....?

wegal
Monday 4th October 2010, 23:15
No Idea, maybe just one of those odd things, a sensor getting wet or something daft, I wouldnt worry unless it does it again, maybe get the codes read.

Vikingxl
Monday 4th October 2010, 23:22
My cruise went off momentarily in the pouring rain on the way back from scotland the other week been no other problems since

t5_monkey
Monday 4th October 2010, 23:26
My cruise went off momentarily in the pouring rain on the way back from scotland the other week been no other problems since

it wasn't the cruise.. it was when I changed into 3rd and attempted some fruity acceleration from 50mph.

Storm-Troll
Monday 4th October 2010, 23:28

we know what type of cruising you like doing vikingo lol. and I dont think Monkey was doing the same type lol....
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/MISC/48411970v83_480x480_Front.jpg

Vikingxl
Monday 4th October 2010, 23:28
Wouldnt know about fruity acceleration

Storm-Troll
Monday 4th October 2010, 23:29
oooo peachy lol

gmain1967
Tuesday 5th October 2010, 12:23
it wasn't the cruise.. it was when I changed into 3rd and attempted some fruity acceleration from 50mph.

So you'd deactivated the cruise control before it happened - correct?

t5_monkey
Tuesday 5th October 2010, 12:56
So you'd deactivated the cruise control before it happened - correct?

yep went through the roadworks on the throttle, gently....

gmain1967
Tuesday 5th October 2010, 13:10
yep went through the roadworks on the throttle, gently....

Sounds as if the cruise control didn't fully deactivate in that case, and was fighting against itself when you changed down and planted the foot.