PDA

View Full Version : moving the intercooler/replacing

gotmeaT-5
Saturday 2nd October 2010, 21:56
I'm thinking about moving the intercooler on my 850 T-5 and replacing it for a stand alone one so need to know what if any benefits would I see if I did this ?

Alan M
Sunday 3rd October 2010, 11:52
Moving it where? As people have run their own cars with the IC behind the bumper and infront on VS with no improvements between the two I would say sticking with a full size IC in the current position is best and the neatest solution.

IC
Sunday 3rd October 2010, 12:11
I'm thinking about moving the intercooler on my 850 T-5 and replacing it for a stand alone one so need to know what if any benefits would I see if I did this ?

It's certainly possible to fit a much larger intercooler where the standard intercooler is! Here's a couple of photos of work in progress replacing the standard intercooler. The air conditioning was kept in this installation.

Alan M
Sunday 3rd October 2010, 13:41
It's certainly possible to fit a much larger intercooler where the standard intercooler is! Here's a couple of photos of work in progress replacing the standard intercooler. The air conditioning was kept in this installation.

Much the same as my item in my car.

WOODY T5
Sunday 3rd October 2010, 13:49
It's certainly possible to fit a much larger intercooler where the standard intercooler is! Here's a couple of photos of work in progress replacing the standard intercooler. The air conditioning was kept in this installation.hi mate where did u got your intercooler from.

IC
Sunday 3rd October 2010, 14:16
hi mate where did u got your intercooler from.

Hi, try Tim Williams.

gotmeaT-5
Sunday 3rd October 2010, 15:20
I was considering below the front bumper if you suggest it's current position is fine I'll leave it were it is will save a heap of work. I had it suggested that the IC below the bumper would be more efficient

p fandango
Sunday 3rd October 2010, 15:32
I was considering below the front bumper if you suggest it's current position is fine I'll leave it were it is will save a heap of work. I had it suggested that the IC below the bumper would be more efficient
i've seen a few with IC's as your planning, but personally i think the extra length of the pipes & the extra twists/turns will counteract any advantage in performance

gotmeaT-5
Sunday 3rd October 2010, 22:55
Ok I'll leave it as it is as I trust your opinion.