PDA

View Full Version : How would you go about modifying a T4 ?

mas
Friday 1st October 2010, 18:25
A general question , I know but as I know nothing about modding T4's
( I have some Porsche 951 experience but that's it) , I'm wondering the order of play.

( Cancel the phase 1 or phase 2 question i have just read re the brakes)

So what might you do first for sensible money , and should that immediately be followed by a remap , or maybe just a remap ?.

I know a remap alone is a superb upgrade to a T5 , and on the T4 it seems to be 240-245 which I assume is quite a lot for the weight of a T4.

I was so impressed with the handling of my old S60 D5 and enjoyed the phase 1 T4 , I drove recently so I'm thinking that a T4 is getting more and more likely for a fun project at sensible money, however I need a leg up on how to go about it. Also the missus cant drive a manual these days so will the auto box hold up well to a bit of modding and maybe a bit of Santapod :P

Regards

Mas

LiamT4
Friday 1st October 2010, 20:13
1st of all i would def get a phase 2, bigger brakes and updated chassis etc aside, the interior is also far more up to date.

As for the auto box, as a may have mentioned in another post, my mate and i both had the 5spd autos (which only came on the phase 2s) and did over 70k between us with no problems with the box (and neither of us drove them "gently". lol).

On the modding front, if your not going for big mods then the standard (phase 2s) genuine volvo discs are good, but i'd get uprated pads for less fade.
Front strutbrace is always good on a fwd.
Full exhaust with race cat.
Panel/cone/enclosed filter.
Koni suspension kit is about £520
Mesh grill will look good depending on the cars colour.
Definatly replace the orange side markers for smoked ones.

It all depends on how far you want to go.

On mine (performance wise) i had a bmc cda, de-cat and it may have had a re-map by a previous owner (strange story there) and it certainly embaressed many so-called faster cars!

Sorry for going on but i do love t4s! lol