PDA

View Full Version : c 70 t5 radio not working/burnt wires

strike008
Friday 1st October 2010, 15:41
hi i have a problem with my radio now,il start at the begining,my rear view mirror fell down so i took down the casing and put it back no probs then the fuse for the interior lights kept blowing,so i put a bigger amp fuse in,and now my radio comes on but the electric areial wont go up and iv no sound,also the lamp in the boot the three wires have burnt down to the copper,any body got any ideas,thanks iv found that the din wire into amp is melted down to the copper aswell

Baj
Friday 1st October 2010, 15:55
You have a short somewhere which was why the fuse was blowing. Now you have a larger fuse it cant pop so the heat is building up elsewhere - in the wiers that are melting.
Change the fuse back before you find yourself on the hard shoulder waiting for the fire truck.

Now you just need to find the short. I would start by looking at the interior light

strike008
Friday 1st October 2010, 18:24
lol i have done,iv noticed that my din connecter into the amp as also melted back to the copper wire,how do i check for a short?

MC_Bob
Friday 1st October 2010, 18:59
Eurgh, remind me not to buy your car if its up for sale.

Secondly trace back all the looms to every unit it powers, or (no offence meant) take it to someone who actually has a clue.

strike008
Friday 1st October 2010, 20:26
lol,when i get some spare cash i think its off to the garage!!!!

strike008
Friday 1st October 2010, 21:28
anybody got an idea how much this will cost?