PDA

View Full Version : Problem with boot lock staying locked not locking

gotmeaT-5
Sunday 26th September 2010, 21:23
I have a small irritating problem with my T-5s boot lock sometimes the car will lock on the remote and sometimes it wont, indicator lights will flash as if it's locked but the door peg things dont drop

The problem is definately with the boot lock so to activate the remote locking I have to open the boot slam it shut then sometimes it will lock or not. Most of the time the boot will stay locked even after the doors have unlocked any ideas ? The boot has been been adjusted and oiled and it's not happening all the time

Alan M
Monday 27th September 2010, 07:33
Check the wiring in your door/boot hinge as it can get damaged and cause similar problems to what you are experiencing.

96T5Andy
Monday 27th September 2010, 08:43
I had to replace the tailgate lock mechanism solenoid on my estate as I had similar intemittent locking / not locking problenms. unit was about a tenner on ebay I think - but obv check whats said in above post first

flyingbrick
Tuesday 28th September 2010, 15:17
I had to replace the tailgate lock mechanism solenoid on my estate as I had similar intemittent locking / not locking problenms. unit was about a tenner on ebay I think - but obv check whats said in above post first

I concur

kmb
Sunday 8th February 2015, 23:06
Hmmm (another thread revival) I had an issue twice the other evening with a similar problem, everything locks on the remote, apart from the boot... although using the key in the boot lock does operate and lock all doors including the boot and the remote then unlocks everything.

It's Ok for the moment but I don't want to have to check the boot is locked every time, would it be a time for another boot lock solenoid as mentioned above?

claymore
Monday 9th February 2015, 08:40
Yep, it's one of the things I need to sort on mine as well.

kmb
Monday 9th February 2015, 14:45
I have no idea what this part looks like or where to find it, sorry for being so useless, but anyone have any eBay links or part numbers?

Is it a simple change over job or require a bit more know-how?

Thanks good people of the forum :)

kmb
Wednesday 18th February 2015, 16:24
Afternoon all, it's confirmed - my boot doesn't lock with the central locking and only locks on the key, although it does work in reverse from the boot key to centrally lock all the other doors.

Additionally the remote locks everything except the boot lock, although strangely does unlock the boot.

Anyone have a boot lock solenoid available? If not, part numbers and/or links would be greatly appreciated from those in the know.

Thanks

kmb
Wednesday 18th February 2015, 21:29
I've just stuck a wanted thread up for the tailgate solenoid part, can anyone confirm this is the part?

http://i.ebayimg.com/01/!B4eUFpw!mk~$(KGrHqIOKnUE)5bFwGM9BMqDn3D!)g~~_12.J PG

bunka T5
Friday 27th February 2015, 08:01
Similar issue but my boot never locks with central locking, but 100% of the time always UN locks with central locking. This makes popping in and out of the car in town very very annoying. Lock doors, lock boot, check, rinse, repeat..

kmb
Friday 27th February 2015, 09:02
Hi Bunka - Mine is now at that exact stage as well, I have a replacement locking mechanism from an early V70 (as per my picture above) being sent, it will be a few weeks before I fit but I'll let you know if it solves the issue!

bunka T5
Saturday 28th February 2015, 00:29
Funnily enough Robert DIY just did a video on this, not exact same issue but it can apparently be the wiring to the boot mech which can cause it to be intermittent .. taking off the rear boot door interior panel will give access to the cable, so check that if you can, you may change the mech and find it still doesnt work if that is the case !

Let me know how it goes! When i get some free time im checking my cables too..

thesoundcriminal
Saturday 28th February 2015, 07:11
Ill have to check mine

kmb
Saturday 28th February 2015, 21:35
Will update this thread in a few weeks when the new part is fitted :)

kmb
Saturday 21st March 2015, 14:18
Well, good news, the part pictured above solved the problem!

It took about 30 minutes to remove the old and then fit, worst part is avoiding snapping all the tailgate trim clips, all working again, happy days!