PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard LED's

Mr Sheen
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 23:25
Been trying to find a thread on here about replacing the bulbs in the dash and switches with LED's.....I'm sure I read one.....but could have imagined it all:uglyhamme

Anyone gone down this route?

Storm-Troll
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 23:57
yes mate. I did my own on my S60 T5 earlier in the year.changed all my lights for blue LED's. there were a couple of other cars on here who had it done. but I think. I may well be the only car on the forum with them now... im sure there is a thread on here somewhere.. do a Search using the search box and you should find it.... here's what mine turned out like.. good luck..

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/S60%20T5/blue.jpg

Mr Sheen
Friday 24th September 2010, 17:20
Cheers Storm-Troll, thats the look I'm after.

Dangerous Dave
Friday 24th September 2010, 17:54
Viking had them, and I've still got the ones I did myself in my 850.

Storm-Troll
Friday 24th September 2010, 19:56
viking sold his long boat and hasnt done any more since, so looks like its just me and Bomb who have them still lol

850t5
Saturday 25th September 2010, 03:23
Looking good.

cherry1809
Saturday 25th September 2010, 16:00
Can anyone list the bulbs needed for the dash and interior switches?
If I know how many of what size to get, It'll save me having the dash in bits waiting for them to come through. :)

The Flying Moose
Saturday 25th September 2010, 16:05
Can anyone list the bulbs needed for the dash and interior switches?
If I know how many of what size to get, It'll save me having the dash in bits waiting for them to come through. :)

I changed a couple of bulbs in my dash the other day as they had gone, they were really small 12v 1.2w bulbs. Very hard to remove from the holders. Ill try find the old ones and post a picture.

cherry1809
Saturday 25th September 2010, 17:14
Cheers bud.
I know the really small ones sometimes come with the holder as they are pretty small. Will try and get a collection together before I start anything.
Want to replace the whole lot really as I replaced some a while back, And others have blown since, So they must be due :D

Storm-Troll
Saturday 25th September 2010, 17:50
try and get some top quality LEDs and they will last.. Mine in my previous car lasted 4 years right up to when I sold the car and were all fine then...I have had my LEDs in my new car for a year now and none of them have blown either.. there are some cheap dodgey ones out there...