PDA

View Full Version : T5R Pipework

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 20:45
Evening all on this sun tastic evening!!!

As if it wasnt warm enough i decided to fiddle with the Volvo...the turbo specifically as it was getting a tad loud on the whoosh and gave a dumping sound!!!
Anyway got underneath it and noticed the main pipe from the airbox was hanging off at teh turbo ( no jubilee clip!) ...has been like this for a while i think as when i connected it back up and tightened it it is a lot quieter!!! The lambda light is on do you think it is connected?
Re positioned horns while i was at it ( repositioned them in garage cos couldnt be bothered mounting them elsewhere!!)
Took out MAF screen while i was at it and took it out for spin.....it was sh*te!! put MAF screen back in and went out again...still cack but half way through a blast it perked up and starting boosing more and is back to normail...even smoother infact...any ideas what is going on?

elliot
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 21:19
if your intake pipe was off the turbo inlet then you had a massive airleak,air being sucked in after the maf sensor :jaw: .Thats why the lambada lights is on.I reckon you should reset the ecu and remove the codes using the little black box infront of the ecu box and then see how she goes ;),you should notice hardley any difference at all in performance when removing the maf screen!

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 21:24
if your intake pipe was off the turbo inlet then you had a massive airleak,air being sucked in after the maf sensor :jaw: .Thats why the lambada lights is on.I reckon you should reset the ecu and remove the codes using the little black box infront of the ecu box and then see how she goes ;),you should notice hardley any difference at all in performance when removing the maf screen!

Is the resetting of ecu etc a job i could do ( the little black box you talk of..is that the one with the fly lead behind the light ) ..yeah the MAF screen was a no goer i think!