PDA

View Full Version : any1 considered fitting diff seats??

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 21:46
am totally unhappy with the seats in my t5r mainly the front,,,the leather inners cause sweat,slide and general discomfort as there not as soft as even the half leather out of a t5s! have been thinking along the lines of recaros outta the accord type r,,,only seem to come in a green shade would look the muts in an olive car i thik,,,any one else fell like this??

t5_monkey
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 21:56
Recaros would be good... but Volvo seats are generally good (never had any complaints with mine)

Not sure about the lime green - maybe they might go in my car! .... would be interesting to see tho

JelT5
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 22:10
am totally unhappy with the seats in my t5r mainly the front,,,the leather inners cause sweat,slide and general discomfort as there not as soft as even the half leather out of a t5s! have been thinking along the lines of recaros outta the accord type r,,,only seem to come in a green shade would look the muts in an olive car i thik,,,any one else fell like this??

I have the similar issues with the seats in my T5R, comfortable enough but in the summer over here they're a bloody nuisance unless the aircon is going full tilt all the time! Literally sweating your butt off lol.

I've thought about some aftermarket ones too. Recaros sound good.

t5_monkey
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 22:52
I have the similar issues with the seats in my T5R, comfortable enough but in the summer over here they're a bloody nuisance unless the aircon is going full tilt all the time! Literally sweating your butt off lol.

I've thought about some aftermarket ones too. Recaros sound good.

funnily enough.... i don't have that issue in Scotland!

leet5r
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 23:08
try some cossie lether recaros m8

t5 stealth
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 23:53
been there ,done that :) lol
i fancied a change aswell

the-man-that-can
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 09:01
what are them seats out of t5 stealth? or are they universal after market jobies. also how easy is it to get the subframes for t5's/t5r's

t5 stealth
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 20:45
what are them seats out of t5 stealth? or are they universal after market jobies. also how easy is it to get the subframes for t5's/t5r's

they are a universal recaro style seat,i found them on ebay...no seat rails.
so i got a couple of second hand 850 seats from a breakers,with damaged or torn seats as i didnt need the padding,so they let them go cheap.,
cut the bases off and then bolted them onto the base of the seat,makin them 850 seats :).
the bases were a bit fiddly but not to bad,having to remove and fit a couple of times to get it right,
1st time i seen old man biege recaros style seats,
i wanted it to sort of match the rest of the interior....even tho i hate the biege lol.

the-man-that-can
Friday 24th September 2010, 13:57
well all in all i think u done a good job :) and seats look nice i think.

t5 stealth
Friday 24th September 2010, 18:41
well all in all i think u done a good job :) and seats look nice i think.

cheers,
it didnt actually turn out so good if im honest....
1st attempt i fitted the complete seat rails from standard seats,
so i had all the movements that volvo intended ie,up/down/back/forward/tip up/tip down....etc etc.
what i didnt realise was that when i fitted them and sat in it,the seat was so high my head was actually poking out the sunroof,i had to crouch down to see out the screen,so i had to re think it all lol,
so just cut of the main rail that fits to the floor and bolted it to the seat...now its slightly lower than original...absolutely perfect if i say so myself :),
keep the weight low down.............lol