PDA

View Full Version : 7 Seat conversion???

My T5
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 21:06
Hi all, Im looking to buy a phase 2 V70 T5 and have a question. Can you buy a 7 seat conversion for the phase 2 as easily as the 850/classic v70's.
My guess is that im better off buying one with the seats fitted. Thanks in advance.

WOODY T5
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 21:23
got one for a 850 in dk grey leather with all the bits to fit 50pound for it all if any good to u?

v70torslanda
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 02:04
Buy without and then order the kit from the dealer.

Buy the car without beccause you get a greater choice of car. Remember you can't have/fit the subwoofer and you may not be able to use a full size spare.

Once you have the car you're happy with then find the kit used from a breaker. Or look on here or elsewhere to find someone who wants to remove theirs. Or simply order the kit from the dealer.

The last two ensure that you won't be missing any bitz when you do the conversion. Swapping with someone else means they get a new boot floor to replace the extra seat.

HTH

J

My T5
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 11:35
got one for a 850 in dk grey leather with all the bits to fit 50pound for it all if any good to u?

Thanks for the kind offer but i no longer own the car in my sig!!! I just havnt edited it. If i do go for a classic v70 ill be sure to take you up on your offer. Thanks again.

My T5
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 11:42
Buy without and then order the kit from the dealer.

Buy the car without beccause you get a greater choice of car. Remember you can't have/fit the subwoofer and you may not be able to use a full size spare.

Once you have the car you're happy with then find the kit used from a breaker. Or look on here or elsewhere to find someone who wants to remove theirs. Or simply order the kit from the dealer.

The last two ensure that you won't be missing any bitz when you do the conversion. Swapping with someone else means they get a new boot floor to replace the extra seat.

HTH

J

Thanks for the advice. It makes sense buying the car you want rather than a car with 7 seats just for that reason.

dave stew
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 13:03
My P2 T5 came with seven seats, but my kids are too young to gain any benefit from it. I sold it to one of the members and it resulted in a new black carpeted boot floor for mine and a nice contribution towards the clutch replacement!