PDA

View Full Version : hlm 304 upgrade

T5frankie
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 19:32
Has anyone with this map had any issues?

p fandango
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 19:49
plenty of people are running that map, i think the issues are with the custom mapping

claymore
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 19:59
I love mine, with just a smidge of mbc.

JelT5
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 20:02
I had no issues with the 304 on my V70.

I'm not so keen on the HLM custom map that I bought with my 18T (not as aggressive as I'd like) but then it was set up for a different car, Danny's T-5R, so until I can afford to get another done, it's staying; seems to run a bit lean, but apparently the RICA based maps have this tendency anyway. However, I'm running the standard orange injectors so that may have something to do with it although the map was written for oranges.

It works ok, so I'm not complaining!

Yosser
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 20:38
I had that map on my V70 with no issues (and I'm on T5D5) :o

LiamT4
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 20:45
Its good to see people with direct experience of products posting.
Personally i don't care too much if its good or bad opinions as long as they are from people with genuine experience of said products and don't have any hidden agenda.

Also, as long as it don't turn into a slanging match.

claymore
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 20:50
Its good to see people with direct experience of products posting.
Personally i don't care too much if its good or bad opinions as long as they are from people with genuine experience of said products and don't have any hidden agenda.

Also, as long as it don't turn into a slanging match.

problem is, I have nothing to compare to, I'v never driven an 850 with a rica or mte map, or any other 850 but my own, so in that respect my opinion is a bit blinkered.

BruceT
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 20:51
No problems when I had the 304 on my old 850.

Probably get another on my current car from HLM.

(I was on T5D5, posted about my ecu upgrade, they didn't like it because I said it's an old rica file, got the usual HLM can't sell it, it's illegal, yada yada, I said I was Gunna get A mte, didn't in the end as not convient and spent my money else where. I shot back with how a certain member fitted my lowering spring up side down. Then got accused of god knows what, then the usual personal threats)

The thread is still in their event horizon called bruce's thread

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 20:57
All the off the shelf stage 1 maps are much a muchness. But I think you're foolish if you spend any money at HLM.

Most people who buy the 'HLM' map (rica knock off), only get it because it's the cheapest, and are only concerned with costs above anything else. Not because they want what is best for their car. Not only in terms of performance, but customer service and after sales care as well.

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 20:59
No problems when I had the 304 on my old 850.

Probably get another on my current car from HLM.

(I was on T5D5, posted about my ecu upgrade, they didn't like it because I said it's an old rica file, got the usual HLM can't sell it, it's illegal, yada yada, I said I was Gunna get A mte, didn't in the end as not convient and spent my money else where. I shot back with how a certain member fitted my lowering spring up side down. Then got accused of god knows what, then the usual personal threats)

The thread is still in their event horizon called bruce's thread

Oh come off it, you were a grade A turd on that particular thread.

LiamT4
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 21:03
problem is, I have nothing to compare to, I'v never driven an 850 with a rica or mte map, or any other 850 but my own, so in that respect my opinion is a bit blinkered.

I see your point, but you've also not had any problems with it.
My point isn't really about which is best, performance wise, but more about problems that have occured directly because of the map.

smithy
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 21:25
i know loads of peeps that have had hlm remaps no probs at all and some of them have run bigger turbos no probs and the cars have been on dynos and fueling no probs.

daveforber
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 22:27
I'll probably be in trouble for posting with no experience ... but regardless of the apparently debatable source of the tune, Bruce's dyno published on T5D5 was commented as "Spot on", "AFRs fine" and " i'd be more than happy running that fueling on my car".

Which I would take to read as the tune is fine, if of questionable legality (which is a moral issue if you believe it is dodgy and HLM's problem); but lacking in support (which is your problem, but likely explained in the price).

siamblue
Wednesday 22nd September 2010, 22:40
plenty of people are running that map, i think the issues are with the custom mapping

No issues here with my custom map on the 19t with the correct injectors, Whites not Oranges is a bare minimum on the 850's and early 70 series, the fuelling is paramount as not to wreck your engine, as some have found to their cost,

Gary

daveforber
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 00:30
I'll probably be in trouble for posting with no experience ... but regardless of the apparently debatable source of the tune, Bruce's dyno published on T5D5 was commented as "Spot on", "AFRs fine" and " i'd be more than happy running that fueling on my car".

Which I would take to read as the tune is fine, if of questionable legality (which is a moral issue if you believe it is dodgy and HLM's problem); but lacking in support (which is your problem, but likely explained in the price).

...though reading T5D5 in more detail suggests rather valid concern about their custom tuning... It seems they are understandably defensive of their users. Can't blame them for that.

Storm-Troll
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 03:53
I had that map on my V70 with no issues (and I'm on T5D5) :o

was that you I met in Deal the other weekend.??

Storm-Troll
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 04:00
I have had 2 HLM maps.. one on my S70R which I had on there for 3 years and never a problem with it. and now the one I have on my S60T5 which I have had for over a year now and No problems with this one either.. I didnt have a clue where to go for a remap when I joined this forum about 5 or 6 years ago. and went to HLM after speaking to several ppl who had all had maps from there.. so there I went... I was happy with how they did the map. great service with lunch and loads a coffee and good football with the dearly departed Mirk, I dont know if I could get them anywhere cheaper but money is not a problem for me and I rather go by experience and word of mouth. and glad i went to HLM. and take my car to them for all my car needs even though I live in London. wouldnt trust anyone else with my cars as I am happy with everything I have had from them and would recommend them to anyone very highly.. and going by the 11 for and 1 against on the Poll Id say im not the only one happy with their work...Poll speaks for itself I guess. but at the end of the day mate.. you go where u want to to get yours done and decide on your own merits as to where your happiest.

Rnash2002
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 08:20
Standard 304 NO custom YES

Yosser
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 08:28
was that you I met in Deal the other weekend.??

Not me, I'm in Edinburgh.

mikey
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 12:10
Had mine done over 6 years ago and still goes like a bullet with not one problem:))

T5frankie
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 17:50
there has been one person who voted yes so far i wonder who that was couldn't have been chris cos his was a custom map

Storm-Troll
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 18:10
there has been one person who voted yes so far i wonder who that was couldn't have been chris cos his was a custom map

Id have to agree with you on that one i think...lol

Rnash2002
Thursday 23rd September 2010, 18:38
Standard 304 NO custom YES

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31038&page=7

t5 stealth
Monday 27th September 2010, 19:34
no problems here...............:)

T5frankie
Monday 27th September 2010, 19:57
who's gonna admit who answered no?

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 28th September 2010, 01:12
who's gonna admit who answered no?

NEVERRRRR>. youll never take me alive. HAHAHAHAHHAHA.......................Not me...

SAMXPJ
Friday 8th October 2010, 01:57
Had mine done by Adam in 2004 [the 310 version] was very happy with the service and it has been spot on since. Also have found their brake pads/hoses and other bits competitively priced.

marko_850_t5r
Monday 25th October 2010, 17:52
I've also had the 304 map this summer not a single issue 11000 miles after the map friendly service even tested the ecu for faults and topped the oil up I would recommend to every one.
Also hi every one I am new this was my first post

Marko

t5 stealth
Monday 25th October 2010, 17:59
I've also had the 304 map this summer not a single issue 11000 miles after the map friendly service even tested the ecu for faults and topped the oil up I would recommend to every one.
Also hi every one I am new this was my first post

Marko

welcome :)

John
Monday 25th October 2010, 18:47
Had mine done 5 years ago, no other mods other than air filter, have never had any problems, car goes like the wind and the upgrade improved fuel economy by around 10%, they did a couple of other little jobs while I was there as well.
Went to HLM after reading about them on here, had a great day down there.

T5frankie
Monday 25th October 2010, 18:49
well had mine done it the boost went up to 14psi from 10 and no problems with it at all

cartoonhead
Tuesday 26th October 2010, 23:41
im running one aswell no problems so far apart from radiator now leaking,well worth the money

T4_Al
Wednesday 27th October 2010, 00:38
Can someone point out what parameters have been altered on the "HLM"304 as opposed to the RICA 304? Because if the HLM is a copy of the RICA and club and pole axe me to death for saying it but WHO CARES?

If it costs £150 and does the job of the more expensive original surely the surplus cash can be pocketed and enjoyed or put to better use on more mods?

Surely 270-280bhp for £150 is the single best mod bang for buck wise you can do to a T5?

I ran an S40 T4 which was done by Hamish before I bought it and it went like stink with no issues to do with the map for many thousands of miles.

cartoonhead
Wednesday 27th October 2010, 02:11
i spoke to hamish and he told me it was exactly the same map as the rica,150 quid its a no brainer

T4_Al
Wednesday 27th October 2010, 14:25
i spoke to hamish and he told me it was exactly the same map as the rica,150 quid its a no brainer

...I rest my case.

p fandango
Wednesday 27th October 2010, 14:53
Surely 270-280bhp for £150 is the single best mod bang for buck wise you can do to a T5?
MBC £20 :worship: