PDA

View Full Version : Back Box bypass pipe

SaffronC70
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 16:11
Hi guys

Can anyone see any problems about getting a back box bypass pipe made up ?

I'm planning to get a custom exhaust place just to make me up a 2.5" pipe - I can still use the BSR tailtip.

After the classic Volvo noise that all 850s seem to make whilst going round town - if you have heard it, you know what I mean !

Cheers

Chris

elliot
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 17:18
i dont have the rear box and it sounds very mean.It really depends on what sound you want.Its actually less noisey in the car under full boost compared to haveing a box in,but the noise outside is very loud, tickover is nice and burbley and pretty loud.It also spits and pops alot more,just turns into somthing that sounds serious from the outside but remains nearly as quite inside.If you give me your email i will send you a little vid.

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 17:19
Elliot can you post the vid up cos I'd really like to hear it too?

x

elliot
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 18:34
i dont have a clue how to lol,i can email it to you if you give me your email though its just under 10meg

After_Shock
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 18:34
Mine didnt have the back box in and on full boost sounded awesome!

elliot
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 18:38
Mine didnt have the back box in and on full boost sounded awesome!

you had a supersprint right?!They do sound nice on the T5 the old man has that system but the small opening in the tail pipe makes the noise sound like its coming from infront of you,nice and loud in the cabin under boost but quite quiet at idle .|Its a different sound from the SS

SaffronC70
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 19:41
hi

I don't have broadband - so if someone could host the file for me, that'd be great !

I will still have the midbox, so hopefully it won't get boomy inside the cabin.

That's why I'm going for the bypass pipe idea - so I can change it back again for long journies etc.

Cheers

Chris

After_Shock
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 22:05
Cant say I got any loud sounds in the cabin just all the noise out the back!

siamblue
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 08:18
hi

I don't have broadband - so if someone could host the file for me, that'd be great !

I will still have the midbox, so hopefully it won't get boomy inside the cabin.

That's why I'm going for the bypass pipe idea - so I can change it back again for long journies etc.

Cheers

Chris

Chris you are always playing around you know its a ME7 stop messing with it lol.

Al115
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 09:14
Quite - maybe the car would run right for a minute or two if you stopped messing with it!!! :)

That said, I'm hardly one to talk...

Alastair

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 09:16
Your exhaust sounds amazing Elliot!!! Its the kind of thing I may be interested in doing on mine......

x

elliot
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 13:36
thanks for the compliment on the car.

juggernaut
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 17:01
Elliott when you say "back box" do you mean the big suit case sized silencer on the T5? And what have you replaced it with?

elliot
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 22:04
not really the ferrtia, ipd, tme etc system comes with 2 boxes one where the std box is and one by the tail pipe.I dont have the rear box just the small box in the middle of the car and a race cat.

SaffronC70
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 22:08
chriswhiteuk@blueyonder.co.uk

Can you mail me the video please !

Chris

Craigk
Thursday 14th July 2005, 18:58
Hey Elliot can you mail me the vid please, was thinkin bout gettin it done in the next couple of weeks, be interesting on what it sounds like.

craigkinmond@hotmail.com

elliot
Thursday 14th July 2005, 21:12
ok sent.Dont really want to send anymore lol tacking alot of time to up load it

SaffronC70
Friday 15th July 2005, 15:33
Awesome, not overly loud but just right.

Hopefully mine will sound similar.

Chris

Craigk
Friday 15th July 2005, 19:18
Cheers Elliot, sounds nice like, prob get mine done over the next week.

Craig.