PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filler door

Al115
Saturday 18th September 2010, 15:37
Not having much luck this week. My fuel filler door came off in my hand yesterday when I opened it to fill up!

Now I've got £70 of fuel in the tank and the local scroats are circling...

Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this? Can't even see if the hinge piece is easily replaceable...

Photo:

http://www.naiad.org.uk/pictures/fuelcap.jpg

Cheers,

Alastair

Rnash2002
Saturday 18th September 2010, 16:56
Not having much luck this week. My fuel filler door came off in my hand yesterday when I opened it to fill up!

Now I've got £70 of fuel in the tank and the local scroats are circling...

Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this? Can't even see if the hinge piece is easily replaceable...

Photo:

http://www.naiad.org.uk/pictures/fuelcap.jpg

Cheers,

Alastair

Looks the same as mine on the 850.
Hinge cost me just over £7 from volvo i also fitted a locking fuel cap aswell that set me back a little over £8 from a motor factors.

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 18th September 2010, 16:58
locking filler cap less than a tenner was thinking about one for mine

Chopster
Saturday 18th September 2010, 17:00
Hi Alastair,
It's a really common fault on S60's and V70's, a new hinge is needed and your local stealer should have one in stock (IIRC mine was around £12). It takes around 10 mins to do (I'm sure there'll be a guide on here somewhere) but should be able to kind of ££££ it into place whilst it's parked up by hooking the metal springy thing into the plastic hooks and the flap lock kind of holds it in place... don't forget to take it back off before you use the car next though as you don't want the flap falling off whilst driving ;)
Hope this helps
Ian

Vikingxl
Saturday 18th September 2010, 17:05
Im with Chopster its an easy fix i had to do it on my xc

Storm-Troll
Saturday 18th September 2010, 17:28
me too, my son broke mine off by accident. 5 min job to replace the new hinge. job done..

v70torslanda
Saturday 18th September 2010, 18:19
Get a hinge from Volvo.

They're available pattern but I believe they're less than useless.