PDA

View Full Version : removing the ABS

p fandango
Friday 17th September 2010, 13:00
right although it nice putting BT back together, but its always good to ditch stuff in the bin & i'd like to start with the ABS now. I'm going to bypass the pump using T-piece's but need to know what size unions the pipes have got going into the pump, & wondered if anyone knows which colour wires to jump on the ABS ECU to feed the speed pulse to the dials

many thanks Duane

JelT5
Friday 17th September 2010, 13:55
Those t-pieces weigh too much mate ;)

sorry totally non- constructive post :D I'll get me coat

p fandango
Friday 17th September 2010, 14:11
Those t-pieces weigh too much mate ;)

sorry totally non- constructive post :D I'll get me coat
they don't weigh as much as the ABS pump, ECU & all the wiring tho mate

you may not be able to help with the technical stuff but your always good for the forum, when i find out what you actually do on here i'll let you know :D lol

JelT5
Friday 17th September 2010, 15:06
LOL

Take the pi$$ out of you?

BruceT
Friday 17th September 2010, 15:17
Is there anything in TT software to disable the ABS checks?

p fandango
Friday 17th September 2010, 15:23
Take the pi$$ out of you?
hmm, you could be onto a winner with that one :partysmil lol

p fandango
Friday 17th September 2010, 15:24
Is there anything in TT software to disable the ABS checks?
the ABS has its own ECU so think its all seperate from the engine ECU

t5 stealth
Friday 17th September 2010, 18:06
i dont think youl get an mot on it if it dont have abs as its a standard fit to the car from factory,
plus the abs light will be on,
and if you remove the bulb it will fail cos it dont light up etc and you will also make your brakes worse as they will be able to lock up/skid etc /
so unless its off road use then it wont be a problem.
keep the abs and remove the back seats lol and rear seat belts,that will be about the same weight lol

p fandango
Friday 17th September 2010, 19:21
i dont think youl get an mot on it if it dont have abs as its a standard fit to the car from factory,
plus the abs light will be on,
and if you remove the bulb it will fail cos it dont light up etc and you will also make your brakes worse as they will be able to lock up/skid etc /
so unless its off road use then it wont be a problem.
keep the abs and remove the back seats lol and rear seat belts,that will be about the same weight lol
for the MOT its a case of "if its fitted it must work", as it won't be fitted it won't be a problem. I'm taking the bulb out as well as all the ABS wiring. Rear seats have already gone, as well as everything else in the car lol

p fandango
Friday 17th September 2010, 19:27
ok, i've already been out & had a play. The ECU & all the brackets gone but now left me with the confusion of the pipes. I've found the 2 inputs to the pump, but its got 3 coming out when i was expecting 4 (1 per caliper) so do the rears split underneath the car or somewhere else?

also theirs 2 big rubber pipes running from the brake reservior to the pump, do i just loop them back into each other?
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8467/photo0140zx.jpg
what do i do with these bigger pipes?

many thanks Duane

p fandango
Saturday 18th September 2010, 00:27
turns out i'd got the info all along LINK (http://www.box.net/shared/emi2zhz2t0)

just had a thought about the speedo, as BT is an early T-5 the speed pick-up is taken off the gearbox & not the ABS. So am i right in thinking it'll be seperate & not be affected by the ABS being removed