PDA

View Full Version : wheel hub bearings

daveker
Wednesday 15th September 2010, 18:59
hi guys its me again needing a little help i currently own a 51 plate c70 2.3 auto t5 with a rumbly bearing but not knowing which one as no play in wheels and no noise other than when driving car i changed discs and pads as they were worn but the noise persists after a week of scouring the internet and various motor spares depots i have finally came across some bearing hubs for £66 each which is better than my previous best qoute of £110 each so am about to buy a pair they are listed as c70 99-05 equivelant volvo part ref is 272456 but they do not state whether they are compatible with my t5 could anybody answer this question???

Happygilmore78
Thursday 16th September 2010, 09:40
If it is off Partsforvolvoonline? (they are about £66), then there is only one listed for our year C70's. I got one off there a couple of months ago, and it was right. If in doubt give them a call and give them your reg.

As for which bearing, if you go round a left bend and the sound is there it's the right bearing, and if you go round a right bend and it is there, it's the left bearing.

That is what i was told by the mechanic who fitted it, and i think on here

streaky744
Friday 17th September 2010, 21:10
to determine which bearing, when driving and you turn the wheel under load if it has a dodgy bearing then the wheel under load will make the noise if bearing has gone.

so if turning right and it makes noise then its the nearside bearing and if going left and get noise then its offside bearing which is same as what happy gilmore said i think.

daveker
Saturday 18th September 2010, 17:36
ye thanks guys its basic physics lol that the side under load will produce the noise as i noticed that under braking it did the same anyways to save any confusion i ordered 2 hubs cos i cant bear unsymmetrical shiny parts on me motor and happy ye it was volvo online parts 66 quid each well cheap