PDA

View Full Version : S80 upgradable ? trip computer, speed sensitive sterring etc...

mrgsxr
Tuesday 14th September 2010, 22:18
Hi All,
i have a 2001 S80 2.4 n/a, mine doesn't have a trip comuter or auto-tint rear view mirror, and i'm not sure about the speed sensitive power steering (it seems nice and light any where between 1 and 140mph)

I was wondering if its possible to add these features ?

The cars fitted with a trip computer have a button on the lefthand indicator stalk, do all cars have the software in the ecu for the trip computer or is it an extra module, in other words can i just fit a left hand indicator stalk off a later model to get the trip computer function.

And can the auto tint mirror be fitted to a car retrospectively ?

Basically i've done all the important jobs: cam-belt, oil & filter, fuel filter, air filter, ball joints, exhaust brackets and am trying to find other things to mess with....

LeeT5
Wednesday 15th September 2010, 13:53
hi. If you don't have the wiring in the headlining for the auto dimming mirror then the answer to that one is no. You could, however have one fitted at the dealer, but, bear in mind the mirror itself is about £200 then you can see where this one is going...

As for the Speed sensitive steering....Easy. Look in the O/S/F fuse box for a 30amp fuse called ....'steering module'...if its there then unscrew the two torqs screws in the drivers footwell (above the pedals). Look upside down and just above the throttle pedal close to the bulkhead you may or may not see a black relay that says....'Servotronic' on it. If so, then you have speed sensitive steering. If not, you don't and it will cost you over £1000 to have it fitted at the dealer.

Regards the trip computer, either you have one or you don't? If you don't have one then again, it's gonna cost you dear.