PDA

View Full Version : gear knob on a 98 v70

T5frankie
Sunday 12th September 2010, 11:15
how are you supposed to get these things off and is there a thread underneath?

p fandango
Sunday 12th September 2010, 11:21
how are you supposed to get these things off and is there a thread underneath?
if its the same as the 850 it has tabs lock in when its pushed in place, sort of a one-way system so no thread on it. You can get it off with alot of pressure, but do it with a quick yank & not pulling on it. I couldn't do mine so cut it off

T5frankie
Sunday 12th September 2010, 11:33
so how would i fit a new one?

p fandango
Sunday 12th September 2010, 12:30
so how would i fit a new one?
the one i bought has got 3 grub screws around the base that you tighten up to secure it on, i think i did cheat & silicone it on as well. I cut a couple of inches off the shaft as well to shorten the throw

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2426/interior2y.jpg

Flatout Phil
Sunday 12th September 2010, 15:46
You can get it off with a lot of pressure, but do it with a quick yank & not pulling on it. I couldn't do mine so cut it off.
The one i bought has got 3 grub screws around the base that you tighten up to secure it on, i think i did cheat & silicone it on as well. I cut a couple of inches off the shaft as well to shorten the throw

Oooooer Mr Gimlet! http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/charliepippin/finbarrsaundersviz.jpg

Yes, it probably is just me...

p fandango
Sunday 12th September 2010, 16:17
Yes, it probably is just me...
i think so mate, been a while has it :hug: lol

Happygilmore78
Tuesday 14th September 2010, 11:30
I thought mine was too high anyway, so managed to get the end off by perseverance and then cut a section off with anglegrinder to shorten.

Then stuck a black/silver leather momo one on, which came with adapters and secured using 3 grub screws.

(I was sick of switching my hazards on evertime i changed into 3rd gear personally)

T5frankie
Tuesday 14th September 2010, 15:19
I thought mine was too high anyway, so managed to get the end off by perseverance and then cut a section off with anglegrinder to shorten.

Then stuck a black/silver leather momo one on, which came with adapters and secured using 3 grub screws.

(I was sick of switching my hazards on evertime i changed into 3rd gear personally)

lol i know what you mean