PDA

View Full Version : volvo v70 t5 2002 p2

dominic street
Saturday 11th September 2010, 16:12
hi guys need some more help please my car has been runing ok untill tuesday if started with doggy idle then it popped up witha 1172 error code then got that removed then it wouldnt rev kept cutting out i have had it on a snap on scanner and it is now coming up with throttle postion sensor want rev keeps cutting out and it feels like there is no turbo very flat any ideas guys thanks dom..

s60tdale
Saturday 11th September 2010, 17:43
best change the engine and gear box m8 sounds like its ****ed hope that helps

dominic street
Saturday 11th September 2010, 17:50
thanks m8 will have to look in to that idea as well if no one else has any other ideas

mds
Sunday 12th September 2010, 17:34
There is the throttle position sensor on the Accelerator Pedal, The ETM (Electronic throttle module) or the MAF all can give the symptoms you describe.

Look at the ETM (under the inlet manifold if it has a white sticker my money would be on that)
If the car was running OK and no gearbox issue why consider changing them??

dominic street
Thursday 16th September 2010, 12:10
ok guys still need some help please please please just checked all the pipe work doesnt seem like it has a leak also got told to put a bag over the amc tryed that and nearlt sucked the bag in lol also took it to my local dealership in abergele n.wales and they told me because i have a k&n induction kit fitted they machine can not read the information because it is taken in to much air so now iam really stuck only thing i can think of now is the throttle postion sensor or the etm any ideas or help please and thank-you

thebadger
Monday 20th September 2010, 10:19
Deffo sounds like the ETM.

They were very poor in our cars & need cleaning or replacing every few years.

Have you checked to see if the air filter is ok? No holes etc..

Also have you ever changed the TCV system or hoses?

I had an issue with a bad missfire, power loss & tragic engine cut-out which turned out to be a plastic joint on the vac system for the brake master cylinder had split. It was totally invisible & not noticable when you looked, but my spanners spotted it & the part was like £11+vat.

You just never know sometimes Dom!

Get a trusted local indy to look it over first. The chances are that Volvo will find the issue & about 6 others which are unrelated & insist they sort them.