PDA

View Full Version : Performance restricted !!

SKIDMARKS
Friday 10th September 2010, 12:46
Update from my earlier post regarding the abrupt engine conk out. It happened again yesterday during rush hour on the most dangerous road in the world namely the A12.
Managed to pull in on the end of a on junction. Switched off and tried to restart after 5 attempts all ok again.
Had the codes read and it is the etm so contacted rufe and did me a cracking deal of £170 delivered instead of the Euro Car Parts £400 plus vat :cuckoo:

Anyway, had to book it into a local stealer to get the thing programmed to the car as per Simon's info, they need 2 hours :shockedbi so that means it will probably cost more than the part itself.

They say... that I can get this fitted at my local garage I use and drive it to them to get programmed.

I also understand that this part is particularly relevent to 1999, 2000, and 2001 models and they have had shedfuls of these going tits.

Little bit worried if I drive it to the stealer and f**k it up they will say, wot a shame we didn't fit it for you !

t5_monkey
Friday 10th September 2010, 13:37
your assuming main stealers are any better at mechanics than independent garages, if anything I'd be more worried sending my car to main a dealer.

SKIDMARKS
Friday 10th September 2010, 13:53
Nah... not worried about the stealer's being competent cos we all should know about their qualities :pants: it's just that they have to program it as they own the £1 piece of software and charge me 2 hrs labour for it to sit in the corner of their workshop. I'm just worried that the drive from my independent will ruin the new etm as it won't have been programmed yet.

SKIDMARKS
Tuesday 14th September 2010, 17:53
Had the throttle body fitted today along a with a service at my local garage, then limped to my prebooked appt at the main stealer at midday for the part to be ''associated'' to the car, what a trip... of about 6 miles hazards on most of the way with virtually no power. Anyway left it with them came back after an hour and £33 which I thought was not bad at all and it drives spot on now.

pennman
Friday 24th September 2010, 15:01
Hi there,
I have the sme problems and am fairly certain I need a new ETM, for which Phil Whitaker have quoted roughly £320 all in. I am not keen on my local main dealer in south bucks. Has anyone had theirs done for less? Skidmarks- what was your all in cost (i.e. £170 + £33 + your garage fitting charge)
It's a 2000 V70 T5
Thanks
andrew