PDA

View Full Version : Refitting wishbone bushes

gotmeaT-5
Monday 6th September 2010, 14:31
I have to replace the wish bone bushes on my T-5 and obviously I don't have a 10tonne press in the kitchen [as you do] so have come up with another way of getting the bushes in.

Long bolt 15mm head 15mm nut two large washers then winding the nut up against the washer that pushes against the bush solves the need for a 10 tonne press.

Need to get them out first......... suggestions on a postcard ?

jez.w
Monday 6th September 2010, 15:25
I have to replace the wish bone bushes on my T-5 and obviously I don't have a 10tonne press in the kitchen [as you do] so have come up with another way of getting the bushes in.

Long bolt 15mm head 15mm nut two large washers then winding the nut up against the washer that pushes against the bush solves the need for a 10 tonne press.

Need to get them out first......... suggestions on a postcard ?

Buy the whole wishbone (Volvo) complete with new ball joint, pinch bolt and bushing nuts and bolts. They are about £120 each side, so not expensive and much easier. I did mine a few weeks ago and it was very quick and easy to do. You are suppose to use new bolts through the wishbone bushes, although you can reuse the pinch bolt (which is the one i would have thought you could not reuse?). Don't do the nuts and bolts up very tight as they are not torqued up that tight as per haynes manual.