PDA

View Full Version : Air Con isn't that cold

Mrs 1401
Monday 11th July 2005, 12:05
Hi all,

I've had my 2001 for a few days now and it's perfect! Apart from one thing though, when I turn on the aircon on its coldest setting, it doesn't blast out cold air. Its a bit cool for a little bit then it goes the same temp if i was just using the cold blower.

I'm going to ring the dealer coz its under warranty, but does anybody know what it could be?

Louise x

Kent Canary
Monday 11th July 2005, 12:09
I would imagine it just needs regassing. Get the dealer to do it under the warranty.

Mrsmopp
Monday 11th July 2005, 12:15
Hopefully just a regas - if not it could be something that'll make a dent in your wallet! :slap:

x

andi t5
Monday 11th July 2005, 13:28
Hopefully just a regas - if not it could be something that'll make a dent in your wallet! :slap:

xif its under warrenty get it checked out properly and dont be fobbed of with it just needs a regas it could well be just that as freon leaks very slowly over the years but it could well be something more serious like a leaking evap which is serious money to replace have it regassed then keep a carefull eye on it over the next few months if it starts to drop of again you have a leak somewhere and it needs tracing before your warrentry expires as rough guide with the outside temp around 25c you should be getting air at around 2-5c at the vents on full cold

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 11th July 2005, 17:05
if its under warrenty get it checked out properly and dont be fobbed of with it just needs a regas it could well be just that as freon leaks very slowly over the years but it could well be something more serious like a leaking evap which is serious money to replace have it regassed then keep a carefull eye on it over the next few months if it starts to drop of again you have a leak somewhere and it needs tracing before your warrentry expires as rough guide with the outside temp around 25c you should be getting air at around 2-5c at the vents on full cold
does anybodys work as mines not that cold either ?

Justin
Monday 11th July 2005, 17:53
Mines ice cold mate :)

Andrew
Monday 11th July 2005, 19:54
as is mine!

marc1401
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 20:16
Mines ice cold mate :)

Mine too!!! :remybussi

Mrs 1401
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 20:19
Mine too!!! :remybussi

You're not getting any tonight... :stupid:

Goof
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 20:21
Mine too!

Bear in mind that the aircon won't be at it's best unless the car is moving - especially so in this hot weather. It needs airflow to help cool the gas, stationary it's fairly struggling it's a55 off to cool the gas in warm air!

Simh
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 21:36
Hmm Mine is hotter than hell itself but have a man coming to take a large lump of my hard earned cash. I hope then I will be cool as ICE

I love my T5

Straker
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 21:48
A good way to tell if its a re-gas or something more serious (expensive) is that if when you switch the AC on the compressor should click on straight away. This will be audible as a "click" (surprise) and can be heard with the window down or seen with the hood up.

If the compressor doesnt come on then generally that means no gas so it's either slowley leaked out completely or there is a hole in the system somewhere which obviously is bad.

If the compressors starts cycling (clicking on and off withing 10 to 30 seconds) then some gas is left just not enough to build up pressure and cool the air. If some gas is left then a simple regas should fix the problem (as on my car) if no compressor activation then no gas which could mean big bills.

Whatever if it's under warrany give it to the dealer and let them sort it.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 00:23
Mine is ice cold - but I still aint "getting any" regardless.

leaky condenser or lack of gas is my guess.

Mrs 1401
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 18:15
A good way to tell if its a re-gas or something more serious (expensive) is that if when you switch the AC on the compressor should click on straight away. This will be audible as a "click" (surprise) and can be heard with the window down or seen with the hood up.

If the compressor doesnt come on then generally that means no gas so it's either slowley leaked out completely or there is a hole in the system somewhere which obviously is bad.

If the compressors starts cycling (clicking on and off withing 10 to 30 seconds) then some gas is left just not enough to build up pressure and cool the air. If some gas is left then a simple regas should fix the problem (as on my car) if no compressor activation then no gas which could mean big bills.

Whatever if it's under warrany give it to the dealer and let them sort it.

Hi all, thanks for replies. I'm taking it back to the dealer sometime soon and having him fix it seeing as its under warranty.

Louise x