PDA

View Full Version : Erratic idle/revs

willi
Saturday 4th September 2010, 14:02
I first thought this was to do with the Brake master cylinder leaking into the servo...This has all been fixed now with another Mater cylinder.

When starting from cold or driving and coming to a halt the engine revs drop right down as if its going to stall. I HAVE ALSO NOTICED THAT IF I PULL AWAY QUICK FROM STANDSTILL THERE IS A MASIVE HESITATION/DELAY BEFORE THE ENGINE PICKS UP AND FLY'S AS NORMAL.
I WOULD PRESUME THAT THIS IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM THE BRAKE FLUID LEAK WHEN ALL THIS CAME TO LIGHT.?????

Any ideas please.???

streaky744
Sunday 5th September 2010, 23:12
air flow meter?

split hose or vacum pipe?

willi
Monday 6th September 2010, 16:55
Thanks, i will have a looksee asap.

mightywolf
Saturday 11th September 2010, 11:49
I first thought this was to do with the Brake master cylinder leaking into the servo...This has all been fixed now with another Mater cylinder.

When starting from cold or driving and coming to a halt the engine revs drop right down as if its going to stall. I HAVE ALSO NOTICED THAT IF I PULL AWAY QUICK FROM STANDSTILL THERE IS A MASIVE HESITATION/DELAY BEFORE THE ENGINE PICKS UP AND FLY'S AS NORMAL.
I WOULD PRESUME THAT THIS IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM THE BRAKE FLUID LEAK WHEN ALL THIS CAME TO LIGHT.?????

Any ideas please.???

mine does the same but only an intermittent fault at the moment. sometimes it'll be fine for 2 weeks then it will have a bad patch for a couple of days and then be ok again! Mine's an S70R though. I've changed my plugs, and my leads are next. If it was the air flow meter I'd have thought it would do it all the time, but a breakdown in one of the leads would account for it.

willi
Saturday 11th September 2010, 12:50
mine does the same but only an intermittent fault at the moment. sometimes it'll be fine for 2 weeks then it will have a bad patch for a couple of days and then be ok again! Mine's an S70R though. I've changed my plugs, and my leads are next. If it was the air flow meter I'd have thought it would do it all the time, but a breakdown in one of the leads would account for it.

Mine is now doing the same as yours..I also will try plug leads.