PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 inch wide wheels

jason850t5
Friday 3rd September 2010, 17:38
could everyone who has 7.5 inch wide wheels on an 850 post their offset in this thread if they know it.

this would be greatly appreciated.

t5_monkey
Friday 3rd September 2010, 20:20
could be wrong i think it's ET39 P fandango or someone who knows what they're talking about should be able to confirm it for definite.

p fandango
Friday 3rd September 2010, 20:27
just had a look thru my receipts to see what offset mine were supplied with but it hasn't got it written on there. I think it was about 40mm, i'm running 8" wide with 215/35/18's with Volvo lowered chassis option & no problem with rubbing

dave854
Friday 3rd September 2010, 22:15
I have C70 7.5" comets, not sure of the pdc but they run ok, slight scuff on the inner arch when cornering really hard. fronts rubbed on full lock but replaced the steering stops for C70 ones from volvo and all that stopped :)

p fandango
Friday 3rd September 2010, 22:24
not sure of the pdc
the pcd (pitch circle diameter) is the distance between the wheel nut holes & will be 5 x 108, the offset is the distance between the central point on the cross-section of the wheel & the mounting face (that touches the brake disc) of the wheel

jason850t5
Friday 3rd September 2010, 22:32
thanks guys, that has helped a lot. i got some jag wheels, juno i think they're called. they are 17x7.5. offset is 60mm so gettin some spacers made. think i will go for 20mm and bring the offset to 40mm. also gonna get some wheel bolts made as they are impossible to find in any length other than standard 28mm. had the centres bored out to 65.1 already.

p fandango
Friday 3rd September 2010, 22:38
quite nice wheels. Coventry Wheel Base got longer wheel bolts when i bought some alloys, they've closed down now but you can get them. Have you tried any local alloy wheel shops?

http://www.elitewheels.co.uk/getattachment/7f36ac34-179d-4bcf-89fe-41d8ec3a056d/Juno-Jaguar-S-Type---Genuine.aspx?maxsidesize=420

jason850t5
Friday 3rd September 2010, 23:22
thats them, however i will be having them sand blasted and painted. not sure what colour yet but thinking anthracite.

yeah tried couple of places and one of them even rang their supplier to see if they could help. they just said its not worth their while to make them specially. i found some on an alloy wheel website but they are £70. the engineering firm said they can make the bolts with a taper and also countersink the holes in the wheels to match the bolts. so might aswell get them to make some.

p fandango
Friday 3rd September 2010, 23:32
the engineering firm said they can make the bolts with a taper and also countersink the holes in the wheels to match the bolts. so might aswell get them to make some.
i'm going to get my local to make studs & nuts instead of the bolts

jason850t5
Saturday 4th September 2010, 19:08
have you got a price off them yet.

p fandango
Saturday 4th September 2010, 22:08
have you got a price off them yet.
no tbh i haven't even spoken to them about it yet, but i know they'll be able to do it blindfolded because they quoted me to make single centre nut fittings to fit genuine BTCC wheels onto BT & said even they would be easy. I've also asked them about a lightened flywheel & they said they would probably make a complete new one out of lighter material, so they know there stuff

jason850t5
Saturday 4th September 2010, 22:23
yeah,i think its amazing what they can do with a single piece of metal, and be so accurate too. and to be honest i dont think they are expensive at all. £20 to bore out my wheels i thought was pretty fair. they also charged the same amount when i got my discs skimmed.