PDA

View Full Version : My HID's again !

SKIDMARKS
Friday 3rd September 2010, 16:27
The new shunts arrived from Simon today and still can't get my warning off the dash after trying both the black and the grey one. Has any one fixed this using the replacement shunts ?
I am pulling out the old shunt and replacing with the new. I also tried the next slot below and still no good :mad:
Last resort is to drill it !

Storm-Troll
Friday 3rd September 2010, 17:26
no mate.. like i said before.. the only way to get rid of the warning is to drill out the bit on the website I sent you... thats what we have all had to do... the reason your getting the warning is because HIDs use less power than standard lights and so u need to drill out a tiny bit of metal to reduce the metal electricity conducting area. if the metal isnt there it cant conduct any current. drilling it out fools the computer into thinkin the correct current is being used and stops the warning light....

S60-MBS
Friday 3rd September 2010, 21:00
Troll you fancy volunteering to drill my cars shunt?

p fandango
Friday 3rd September 2010, 21:11
no mate.. like i said before.. the only way to get rid of the warning is to drill out the bit on the website I sent you... thats what we have all had to do... the reason your getting the warning is because HIDs use less power than standard lights and so u need to drill out a tiny bit of metal to reduce the metal electricity conducting area. if the metal isnt there it cant conduct any current. drilling it out fools the computer into thinkin the correct current is being used and stops the warning light....
my shunt didn't need drilling, i haven't had to use cancellors or anything with mine. I'm sure i read mine had got a digital ballast, not sure how that fools it but obviously works

SKIDMARKS
Saturday 4th September 2010, 16:27

Well Mr Troll, you were totally correct in what you have said. I drilled it and hey presto it works. Mind you I drilled the first one the thickness of a gnats nut hair off centre and it didn't work, so I used the pillar drill on the one rufe sent and drilled it perfectly centre and this time it worked.
Thanks for that and hope the flames stay away unlike the ones in your pic !! :firedevil

Storm-Troll
Saturday 4th September 2010, 17:33
Well Mr Troll, you were totally correct in what you have said. I drilled it and hey presto it works. Mind you I drilled the first one the thickness of a gnats nut hair off centre and it didn't work, so I used the pillar drill on the one rufe sent and drilled it perfectly centre and this time it worked.
Thanks for that and hope the flames stay away unlike the ones in your pic !! :firedevil

lol glad to hear its all sorted... and remember.. you can always trust a troll... lmao.