PDA

View Full Version : The new lady in my life.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th July 2005, 00:54
After some seaching and a bit of cleaning - here she is...
Black C70 T5 Manual (2000) with 80K, ME7, nicely spec-ed.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th July 2005, 00:58
Air con is all good, nice 3 CD M/C radio with plenty of umph. Nice touches - like the wooden steering wheel.

I am having to get used to the change in driving style - my changes are not quite finessed yet. Miss the auto during traffic but I am very very happy.

Hopefully you will all see her next weekend at Avon Park.

pzorb
Monday 11th July 2005, 01:00
V Nice! Shall look out for the black blur in future! I assume it's not staying standard for long...?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th July 2005, 01:02
There may be some tuning occuring in the near future - ahem?!

meffs
Monday 11th July 2005, 01:26
Dave my man...she is very cute but please check your messages as my 2ND lady...eh herm is playin up! As you are Capt. Auto i require a swift reply!:nutkick: sorry to nail your thread!:remybussi

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 11th July 2005, 01:36
Nice Dave, any luck on yer 850 yet ?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th July 2005, 02:10
No not yet - all sensible offers considered though.

Vikingxl
Monday 11th July 2005, 03:05
Its a very nice car Dave.Congratulations.

Al115
Monday 11th July 2005, 06:43
Yes - We Like That!!! :)

Alastair

After_Shock
Monday 11th July 2005, 07:25
Thats a bit of a suprise! Nice car dave, how come you have bought one so soon after getting the 850 tuned up?

Get it lowered and a big turbo stuck on and take the Volvo badges off (waiting to get shouted at) and you will have people asking you what it is all day long.

splatt
Monday 11th July 2005, 08:25
Very nice Dave.....I like

DONKEYT5
Monday 11th July 2005, 08:41
stunner!! im very impressed and also envious!!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th July 2005, 09:06
Thats a bit of a suprise! Nice car dave, how come you have bought one so soon after getting the 850 tuned up?

Get it lowered and a big turbo stuck on and take the Volvo badges off (waiting to get shouted at) and you will have people asking you what it is all day long.
I am trying to reduce fuel consumption for standard driving - I dont need an estate anymore and the C70s are sexier.

Full details on mods etc will be made clear soon - I could tel ye but then I'd have t'kill ye. LOL

Mrsmopp
Monday 11th July 2005, 09:30
Does that mean I should be dead then? :haha:

She is lovely hun!! Very pleased for you!

x

01c70t5
Monday 11th July 2005, 09:49
Good choice! Congrats!

lance
Monday 11th July 2005, 10:00
Very very nice, Black from red is the natural progression mate!

mulletboy2
Monday 11th July 2005, 10:41
She's a gorgeous beast indeed. I keep trying to steal the keys, but alas, Dave's far too savvy to be tricked by my "Hey, what's that over there?!?" questions.

rottertron
Monday 11th July 2005, 10:42
Very nice car, with the amount of effort you put into looking after the paintwork, the black is going to look great.

Mrsmopp
Monday 11th July 2005, 10:47
I keep trying to steal the keys, but alas, Dave's far too savvy to be tricked by my "Hey, what's that over there?!?" questions.

ROTFLMSO!! :B_rotfl: Worth a try tho hey MB? LOL

x

swordy21
Monday 11th July 2005, 10:48
Very Nice [very jealous]. You'll have to change your website now as well.....From Bigredvolvos to.......HHHmmmmmm......mediumsizedsexyblackvolvos .co.uk

mulletboy2
Monday 11th July 2005, 10:49
ROTFLMSO!! :B_rotfl: Worth a try tho hey MB? LOL

x
One day I'll get him.. it'll just take careful planning (and spiking of drinks) ;)

Andrew
Monday 11th July 2005, 16:23
Very nice Dave. Now get it lowered and the windows tinted some more and it'll look sweet.

I've pointed a couple of peeps at your 850R - one in Derby may be interested I'll let you know.

Andrew.

Murphy
Monday 11th July 2005, 17:06
Nice touch dave - looks like you had a major cleaning session !?!?

Is it a bit peppered up front ?!?!

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=507

Black is an arse to keep clean :(

dicky b t5
Monday 11th July 2005, 17:33
Very nice Dave...!Looking forward to the Co-Drive..? Might not be as bad on the :pants: HAHAHA... :slap:

gibbo
Monday 11th July 2005, 18:14
Sweet mate sweet
Even the missus said "sh*t that looks nice". Most unusual. Made me laugh thou

Gibbo

After_Shock
Monday 11th July 2005, 19:40
If you need something a bit more economical I take it theirs no 19t on the shopping list?

Going from a highly moded T5 to a mildly moded T5 for better fuel consumption (about 2mpg better!) Respect!

siamblue
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 08:35
Hi Dave very very nice , You should've got one with a GT pak then it would have already been lowered,
Change those wheels for 18s and the lights for C70>2003 then aesethically (SP?) she will be sorted,

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 10:38
No 18"s for me - can't see the point.
A/S ...There will be a 19T and the racing Dp and the TME catback - and other bits. Looking for about 280BHP on the deck.

Sadly I had been out the night before and speckled the bonnet with flies - should have done the shots when I had finished the cleaning, the day before - but Viking turned up (and he always has a camera). Just thought it would be nice to give you lot a taster of the new machine.

When I get the polishing up to standard - ideally she needs cutting first - I will get the shots for you all and post them properly.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 10:41
Hi Dave very very nice , You should've got one with a GT pak then it would have already been lowered,
Change those wheels for 18s and the lights for C70>2003 then aesethically (SP?) she will be sorted,
No I shouldn't - GT pack is a pain in the arse IMHO specially with elecy seats when getting peeps in and out of the back. Dont worry about the lowering thing it is all in hand. Prologic would have been nice but I have the uprated stereo already all save the extra dash speaker.

dave
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 10:59
yep very nice, i allways consider the c70 for my wife or me.

when ever i see one, it allways has a 30ish aged driver, which nice to see younger peeps in volvo's

dave

thunderace
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 14:18
very nice mate

After_Shock
Wednesday 13th July 2005, 18:06
Sounds good dave, it will shift when done! I agree with the GT pack plus their alot more to insure for some unknown reason.

Of course your not interested in 18's you want 19's!

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 14th July 2005, 11:39
At some point I may want 17" comets.

TedBovis
Saturday 16th July 2005, 10:13
Very nice example m8y, welcome to the world of the C70 a defo good choice me thinks :) and she looks in great condition must have been treated well by the previous owner.

I might need to come to one of those meets you guys have once you have finished adding your bits to her.....

Kent Canary
Saturday 16th July 2005, 10:26
Very nice car indeed.. great choice

M44K TS
Saturday 16th July 2005, 13:41
Black is an arse to keep clean :(

my thoughts exactly! But as others have said, given your reputation with car cleaning, it'll look the dogs dangalies.

Oh and nice one Dave (you tw@) that's exactly what i'll be after come Jan. time when i fancy changing mine.

Am i right in thinking that the C70's have frameless doors?

I really should stop coming into the C Series forum, everytime i look in there, i want a C70 more and more.

After_Shock
Saturday 16th July 2005, 17:34
Mark you are right they have frameless doors, not a good thing on the C70's due to the wind noise from the door seals they use but theirs ways around it!

Black is a right git to keep on top of, mine was always washed an absolute minimum of twice a week and mostly 3 times a week just to keep on top of it.

C70 prices will be taking a bit of a hit shortly as the new coupe/convertible is getting released shortly and the details for it are coming out even sooner.

M44K TS
Saturday 16th July 2005, 18:12
My 306 Cabriolet obviously had frameless doors and i loved them i think they're a cool feature on any car.

Only problem i found was that when it rained, they were water tight if the door hadn't been opened for a while, but as soon as the door had been opened, water used to run down the seal and drip onto the seat, really annoying especially when you got in the car and had a wet patch on your leg.

As for black cars, i used to was and polish the Mini every 2 dayd regardless if it was dirty or not.

I don't think i could do that with the volvo because it's just too damn big, i polished it this morning and it took ages, but it looked very pimp as i cruised down the sea front arm out the window with the music blasting. (poser i know!)

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 17th July 2005, 07:09
Mark you are right they have frameless doors, not a good thing on the C70's due to the wind noise from the door seals they use but theirs ways around it!

I would be interested on your thoughts. I have moved the NS lock clamp (on the B post) upwards and inwards. Window is still very slow despite lube. Works ok with the card off - I think I may have hooked the top of the card on too tight. Still a bit more wind noise on that side than I would like. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

After_Shock
Sunday 17th July 2005, 11:15
To be honest I never found a successfull solution to the matter, the car mainly got used on sunny days with the window down listening to the exhaust anyway!

I know applying vaseline to the rubber seal stops alot of it and the windows can be adjusted slightly so they go higher up but this is difficult to get right, the main problem is the doors sagging on the very small hinges which is both expensive and a pain to fix!

John Ret.
Sunday 17th July 2005, 12:19
I used to have leaky T-bar seals on my mr2, I wouldn't put Vaseline on rubber seals as it's petroleum based which will perish the rubber. Try a silicon based lube ;)

After_Shock
Sunday 17th July 2005, 12:39
Very true and thats one reason why I never did it but alot of other members at the time used it and said it worked without any probs, not sure how long it would take to erode the rubber though!