PDA

View Full Version : s60 dash display problem

Tribble
Friday 3rd September 2010, 16:25
Hi
My old mans 52 plate s60 illuminated dash lights have all gone off. The clock also seems to reset itself.

any ideas ???

p fandango
Friday 3rd September 2010, 16:31
sounds like the start of the famous DIM failure (Drivers Information Module), not sure if its a soldering issue or the circuit board breaking up but its a well known problem with S60's. Alsorts of weird & wonderfull stuff normally happens to the dials, my old mans currently has the clock counting backwards, no indicator or full beam dash warning & a couple of other little things

these LINK (http://www.bba-reman.com/uk/index.aspx) can fix it if you send it away, new dials will cost about £700 from Volvo

Tribble
Friday 3rd September 2010, 16:56
Quick reply

Thanks

I was just reading up on DIM failure and have looked a bba site.

Just need to get a quote and see how easy it is to remove display

Just found out that Cruise and Main beam isn't working but I kinda like the backwards clock issue !!!

v70torslanda
Friday 3rd September 2010, 17:29
A member on here got it done for 99 quid plus VAT!

To remove the clocks: Pull the steering wheel out and down as far as it will adjust. Grip the surround for the clocks under the dash hood and pull down and back - it should just unclip. Undo the TX screws that hold the clocks in place and remove.

Remember to disconnect the battery before removing the clocks and don't switch anything on until you've refitted it all!

p fandango
Friday 3rd September 2010, 18:08
I kinda like the backwards clock issue !!!
we were worried what it was going to do when i reached 00:00 the first time it happened lol

Tribble
Sunday 5th September 2010, 11:11
2 mins to remove instrument panel without breaking any plastic tabs !!!

Good guide found here : http://www.ipdusa.com/uploads/sku_files/6699_INST.PDF

Just gotta send it off tomorrow

Damm it all went too easy

I disconnected the battery in the boot and then closed it.
How do you open the boot without power ?

S60-MBS
Sunday 5th September 2010, 12:54
Member on VOC got it done for £35 by TV repair shop,might be worth a try in your local area.

LeeT5
Thursday 16th September 2010, 07:52
Great find!! They also remanufacture the dreaded ETM. Excellent!!