PDA

View Full Version : soooo

carpy110
Thursday 2nd September 2010, 20:17
So i see lots of you guys with twin rear exhausts on your T5's or R's.

I have done some searches, on the forum and the interwebs and cant really find what i imagine are the ones i am seeing

any pointers?

got the standard pipe on at the moment, want something with less back pressure to release some power and give it a slightly more gruff sound

cheers all!

Tomcat
Thursday 2nd September 2010, 20:22
You'd have to get a custom system made up if you want twin exits as no one make one.

claymore
Thursday 2nd September 2010, 20:23
I think your looking for the exhaust off a v70r awd.

carpy110
Thursday 2nd September 2010, 20:32
possibly.

ok, in that case, does anyone have any recommendations as to which way i should look for a custom

as you can see from my sig i am not really all that hot on volvo's just yet, i know my way round most land rovers pretty effectively, but volvos arent quite my strong point just yet!

Tomcat
Thursday 2nd September 2010, 20:41
I think your looking for the exhaust off a v70r awd.

True but that would still be quite restrictive, all you'd gain is an extra pipe.

daveforber
Thursday 2nd September 2010, 20:41
Try:

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=104_458_461&products_id=6220

p fandango
Friday 3rd September 2010, 01:44
possibly.
ok, in that case, does anyone have any recommendations as to which way i should look for a custom
Powerflow did mine, the quality of work does vary between franchises do make sure you see some of there work beforehand. I cut the bumper myself, made a template from the original then cut the same out the drivers side with a Dremmel

smithy
Friday 3rd September 2010, 15:16
you cannot fit a v70r twin exhaust on a 2wd car because off the rear deltalink rear suspenion they have to run the extra pipe across the back of the car.i would just stick a straight throw exhaust on it and its also cheaper.

carpy110
Friday 3rd September 2010, 22:16
you cannot fit a v70r twin exhaust on a 2wd car because off the rear deltalink rear suspenion they have to run the extra pipe across the back of the car.i would just stick a straight throw exhaust on it and its also cheaper.

its not that i want a V70R one, its that i want a twin, just for the aesthetics. always think it looks more balanced with one either side.

cheers for the pointers guys, will look into it all.

got another question, got a fair old rattle from the rear suspension, from my land rover side it sounds like bushes, but i cant put my finger on it, and had a look and cant find anything particularly obvious. sounds like something is loose, or a bush has worn so much that the metal is just rattling on metal.

any obvious places that might be at fault?