PDA

View Full Version : S80 Body kit

V8Pete
Tuesday 31st August 2010, 21:30
Hi all,

I've just joined the forum - I've owned my car for 3 years and didn't even know this forum existed, so very happy to find a place where someone might actually appreciate the love I have for my Volvo!!

I've got the S80 V8 Sport which I absolutely love (except the mpg, but the sound is worth it!!).

When out and about, I happened to see another with the most amazing body kit on it. It looked really sporty, but was subtle and not too much for the car. I have searched for years to try and find that kit to no avail.

In fact, the only one found was by Heico and was not what I saw.

Does anyone out there have any ideas what it could have been and where I might find it??

many thanks in advance
Peter

t5_monkey
Tuesday 31st August 2010, 21:59
Welcome to the Forum Pete.

Those S80 V8's are well tasty - you should get some turbos on it like the Noble (which shares your block)

There can't be many kits for the S80 around .. I had a look on google and only saw the Heico one...Personally I think I had a small man accident when I saw it - you could do a lot worse!

If there's any photos of it around - Google image search may be the way to go.

http://i.zdnet.com/gallery/173864-480-303.jpg

V8Pete
Monday 6th September 2010, 18:07
Hi, thanks for the welcome and suggestion. I have tried in vain on image search too, but still have had no joy. AMT-Tuning is one company that has come up a few times, and they do decent kits for prior 2006 models, but nothing for mine :(

With the Heico, the front end is great, but not sure about the rear. I'm very fond of my oval chrome exhausts! There is also the small matter of the kit come in at some outragous price like £6,000!!! Or am I being unrealistic??

I'm not sure the chassis (even with the active suspension which is a huge improvement over stock) could take turbos - let alone the brakes. They already glow and crack after even a short spirited drive. I could start getting into the land of serious money and lots of upgrades :))

However, RICA have released a mod for the V8 now which I'm serioulsy tempted by - £600 though.... might improve fuel economy though (at least that's what I'll tell my wife!!!)

cheers
Peter