PDA

View Full Version : 940 Turbo Oil Leak

Crazy_C
Monday 30th August 2010, 00:22
My 940 2.3 turbo seems to be pissing fluid out like there's no tomorrow. I'm topping up oil on a daily basis.

It isn't coming from the turbo, that's fine, it's bone dry. It was leaking a bit out the rocker cover so I've replaced the gasket there and now that's fine. But I seem to be leaking from somewhere else too, and I can't work out where.

I think it might well be the seal around where the oil return line goes from the turbo into the block but I'm not too sure, I can't really see, that's the problem.

Are there any areas where the B230FK engines are known to leak oil from so I can try checking them.

Cheers

Dangerous Dave
Monday 30th August 2010, 00:32
Is it just the turbo side of the engine? If not, have you had a look at the oil trap under the inlet manifold? Mine used to spew all sorts of crap from there. There are seals on the bottom of it which seal it to the block, they could be worn/leaking. Otherwise check the piping from the oil trap to the inlet manifold.

The 850s have a turbo oil return seal problem, not sure on the 940 trubos, but it could be possible.

smithy
Tuesday 31st August 2010, 12:27
i can guareentee that it is the turbo return seal into the block if you didnot have the oil leak before you did the turbo mate

Crazy_C
Tuesday 31st August 2010, 20:58
i can guareentee that it is the turbo return seal into the block if you didnot have the oil leak before you did the turbo mate

Cheers mate, it's that side and sorta location but the oil filter is also round there. I'll get that sorted then. Is it just a rubber O ring or is it a specific seal?

smithy
Wednesday 1st September 2010, 17:50
get a seal for a 13c drainpipe from volvo couple of quid mate

Crazy_C
Wednesday 1st September 2010, 19:40
Cool, cheers mate, I asked a mate of mine who works at a Euro car auto factors

Crazy_C
Friday 3rd September 2010, 19:35
Just used a rubber O ring and it solved the issue. Cheers mate :D

Alas the turbo seals have now blown :( DAMMIT!!

smithy
Friday 3rd September 2010, 19:40
what makes you think the turbo has blown