PDA

View Full Version : HID's fitted !

SKIDMARKS
Sunday 29th August 2010, 15:35
Fitted today with cancellers but still throw a bulb message.
Have tried with and without cancellers plugged in so I'm a little confused
Any ideas ?:confused:

p fandango
Sunday 29th August 2010, 15:38
there is a "how-to" somewhere about drilling the bulb failure unit to stop it coming on

thebadger
Sunday 29th August 2010, 15:59
All my HID's recently failed. No idea why.

Back to normal bulbs which are working well.

If I do go back I may change the frequency on the bulbs. Not sure if it was down to ballasts not working or bulbs.

Storm-Troll
Sunday 29th August 2010, 17:31
You need to do this.... its a 5 min job and very easy. this is what we all had to do to get rid of the warning

http://www.xenonvalot.com/xenonfixvolvo.html

SKIDMARKS
Sunday 29th August 2010, 18:54
Thanks Storm-Troll, I have seen this fix but I remember seeing a post saying do not do as there was a problem it could it could throw up and I vaguely remember it was was related to fire or am I totally talking :bog:

Storm-Troll
Sunday 29th August 2010, 20:00
Thanks Storm-Troll, I have seen this fix but I remember seeing a post saying do not do as there was a problem it could it could throw up and I vaguely remember it was was related to fire or am I totally talking :bog:

Total :bog: mate.... I did this on my S70R with 3 years of HID use and never a problem. I have also done this on my S60 T5 over a year ago and had no problem with it, several others on this forum have also done the same.. who ever told u it was linked to fires was totally talking :bog: lol.....

fireclown
Monday 30th August 2010, 14:22
Are these lights a worthwhile project. i know the headlamps on the 850 are no to good. and winter is approaching.

S60-MBS
Monday 30th August 2010, 15:12
HIDs are well worth it, Despite the bo***x spewed by other forums about legality I have not been pulled yet and even the MOT tester said there are no problems along as the headlights are aligned properly.I picked up my HIDs while abroad on holiday,made in Korea stuff 55w 8000k.The light is bright with a touch of blue,at the night Birminghams darkly dressed hoodies are also lit up on the pavement,the beam is much longer than stadard bulbs.

cookie
Monday 30th August 2010, 15:26
There have been rumours about potential for fire by drilling that shunt, you can also get the correct shunt resistor thingy for Hids from Volvo (IIRC there are 2 one black and one grey, someone did find out which was which)

Storm-Troll
Monday 30th August 2010, 19:33
There have been rumours about potential for fire by drilling that shunt, you can also get the correct shunt resistor thingy for Hids from Volvo (IIRC there are 2 one black and one grey, someone did find out which was which)

I wasnt aware of a fire problem cookie.. I have done this to 2 cars over the years and never had a problem with any... but in life. anything can happen lol

SKIDMARKS
Monday 30th August 2010, 21:30
So I wasn't talking :bog: then ?
They are well worth doing.... so bright. Mine are the 6000 hdr's.

SKIDMARKS
Tuesday 31st August 2010, 14:50
Thanks for the info cookie. I have sent a mail to rufe to see if he has a shunt so will post on the outcome.
Now ordered 1 black and 1 grey as nobody has let him know which one works I had to order both .
£9 delivered for the 2

I will post when I know which one works.