PDA

View Full Version : bottom arm prices?

Scootch
Sunday 29th August 2010, 11:42
I need of a bottom arm for my volvo , seen them on ebay for £39.95 + £7.95 postage is this about right ?

scr8pdo
Sunday 29th August 2010, 12:31
I have heard stories of inferior/cheap bottom arms not lasting long so i would be careful with cheap deals, im sure someone on here will recommend a decent aftermarket name if you dont want to pay for genuine parts, I would be interested myself as i need an O/S arm and i dont want to be paying out for genuine Volvo ones

p fandango
Sunday 29th August 2010, 12:35
Scantech (Parts for Volvo) have been known to need replacing again in a few month time, i'd send Rufe a message & buy genuine Volvo ones

The Flying Moose
Sunday 29th August 2010, 12:36
I have a spare drivers side bottom arm that came off a 2.4 1999 V70 in excellent condition Im pretty sure they are the same fitting on the 850. Its a genuine volvo arm. Either of you are welcome to it if thats the one you need for the cost of postage.

Flatout Phil
Sunday 29th August 2010, 13:23
My arms came from Rufe - but I think they do struggle with the power and the IPD ARB - so whatever you get, I would replace the bushes with something durable. Not that I have found anything durable yet (PowerFlex can't manage it either) :(

scr8pdo
Sunday 29th August 2010, 15:13
I have a spare drivers side bottom arm that came off a 2.4 1999 V70 in excellent condition Im pretty sure they are the same fitting on the 850. Its a genuine volvo arm. Either of you are welcome to it if thats the one you need for the cost of postage.

Hi mate its not of a diesel car was it? If not should be the same as mine, how much do you want if the other bloke doesnt need it as he asked the question first

The Flying Moose
Sunday 29th August 2010, 21:20
Hi mate its not of a diesel car was it? If not should be the same as mine, how much do you want if the other bloke doesnt need it as he asked the question first

Scootch has PM'd me about it but if he's not interested just the cost of postage. It was off a Petrol 2.4. Dont know exactly how much it will be but should be under a tenner. Ill let you know if Scootch isnt interested.