PDA

View Full Version : Rear spolier fixing

jmuggali
Saturday 9th July 2005, 23:11
Just bought a rear wing but can't see where on the tailgate it fixes to, anybody have a pic? Thanks James.

John Ret.
Saturday 9th July 2005, 23:55
What car mate?

jmuggali
Sunday 10th July 2005, 07:31
Sorry should have made it clearer 855 :slap:

Tomcat
Sunday 10th July 2005, 09:22
The spolier fits onto the tailgate hinges using the Volvo fitting kit. If you didn't get one with the spoiler, go to a main dealer they're only about £20.

Al115
Sunday 10th July 2005, 09:47
Or talk to me as I've got a spare fitting kit lying around here :)

Alastair

gibbo
Sunday 10th July 2005, 11:53
The standard Volvo fitting kit covers 850's and V70's and the items you use from it will depend on the vehicle you are going to use it on. I believe the sticky pads are used on all models but the clear plastic is only used on one of the V70 models to protect the glass.

The brackets fit onto the spoiler with one 'complete' hole and a slotted hole to allow a little adjustment. They will only go on one way and if I remember rightly they are marked L/R this relates to viewing from the rear of the car. The brackets themselves clamp around the tailgate hinges.
The 2 spacers fit inside the brackets. This can be a bit tricky around the rear washer line. I removed the 2 plastic covers, just watch out for the plastic push clips as they break easily.

Fitting is best done by two people as supporting the spoiler whilst you line it up is tricky and it is easy to clip the roof.

The brackets should be loosely clamped around the hinges. The 2 spacers fit inside the brackets. This can be a bit tricky around the rear washer line. I removed the 2 plastic covers, just watch out for the plastic push clips as they break easily. The screw that relates to the open hole on the bracket should be screwed into the spoiler leaving the head standing clear. Offer up the spoiler and locate it on the two partially inserted screws. Then insert the screws in the 'complete' holes. Press it down to make the double sided pads make contact and tighten all the screws. Job done
I can post / send you some pics mate if needed.

Gibbo

jmuggali
Sunday 10th July 2005, 22:33
Nice one, couldn't see how it would fit, looks like I'm missing a fiting kit. Thanks for the info, James.

splatt
Sunday 10th July 2005, 23:19
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2110&highlight=spoiler

try this....tells you all you need to know!!... :slap:

sebasteeno
Monday 27th July 2009, 18:20
Can anyone help with a pic of the spoiler fixes to the boot on the 855/V70 please as the ones in the link dont work?

My spoiler has come with two metal brackets attached but these dont seem to line up with my V70 hinges.

All help greatly appreciated.