PDA

View Full Version : Groaning noise from cold on 850R

simonc
Saturday 9th July 2005, 23:09
Groaning sort of noise, only happens when the car is stone cold & you use it for the 1st time that day. Noise only starts when your on the move & seems to get louder when you accelerate more, the noise will disapear after about 20 secs of driving up the road its gone. Its an auto 850R, iv'e noticed the noise has got slightly worse & takes longer to disapear than it used to but as i say within 20 secs of moving up the road its gone. To me it sounds like a P.A.S pump noise or could be from gearbox. the noise doesn't happen at idle & the car as i say has to be left for at least 5 hrs or so before it will be cold enough for the noise to happen again.

Any ideas ?

Simon.

vt5
Sunday 10th July 2005, 16:51
Not sure exactly. mine also has a similar noise and has done it for about 6 months now, it hasnt got any worse though and i also thought it could be a power steering pump bearing issue.

I think Mrs Mopp had something similar before, not sure though

Glad to be of no help, lol

Andrew
Sunday 10th July 2005, 16:57
Condenser on aircon ? Clutch on aircon?

Both common faults.

simonc
Sunday 10th July 2005, 23:08
My air con doesn't work anymore, surely you wouldn't get a noise from the condensor or clutch if the air con is switched off ?

Simon.

Andrew
Sunday 10th July 2005, 23:15
My air con doesn't work anymore, surely you wouldn't get a noise from the condensor or clutch if the air con is switched off ?

Simon.

Guess it's not that then...
is it a squeel ? do you have manual or auto ?

splatt
Sunday 10th July 2005, 23:26
If it is a 'honk' noise it could be the recirc valve or the intake..
Wifes car does it when cold...mine does not at all.