PDA

View Full Version : Creaky/Squeeky Clutch solution

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 25th August 2010, 20:07
After crawling around under the footwell like a squirrel trying to find his nuts, pushing the clutch, feeling for the creek, spraying randomly with lubricant, i located the problem.

I could not get to the nut for it, but basically as you look up at the clutch in the footwell there is 2 shafts that push into the bulkhead, a very small and larger piston type rod............it turns out it wasnt these :(

After nearly giving up i saw a metal support that ran from behind steering column, up to dash where it was bolted, then down to bulkhead, securing near to where larger piston was, in a kind of upside down V, thin and flat, about inch wide, by about 4mm deep, by about 40cm - 50cm long.

As i could not get to the bolt, unless i removed by left shoulder, i decided, that i would give it a slight bend, to bring tension back into it as it was slightly lose, causing the creak/squeek.

Cured!

Happy!!

Voila!!!

That noise had slowly started to eat away at my soul.

fireclown
Wednesday 25th August 2010, 20:19
squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

bubba_1986
Wednesday 25th August 2010, 21:42
Lol I have a similar problem it is like a wee click when press clutch but not if you don't release it, as in keeping foot on it and moving.

There is also the squeak that is annoying will have to give this a go as wd40 just not doing anything

Happygilmore78
Thursday 26th August 2010, 09:20
As i pushed it in it creaked/croaked, and letting it out it squeeked - sounded like i have a toad and mouse scrapping under the dash, but all sorted now - a peaceful drive to work this morning :)

You can tell if it is the bar before bending, by pushing it backwards and forwards - if it is it will make the same noise.

SAMXPJ
Thursday 26th August 2010, 22:29
Got the same noise, if fact had it since I owned the car so I'll have to get down and see if that remedies it!

Happygilmore78
Friday 27th August 2010, 09:16
i had to remove the bottom tray thing under dashboard, only one screw, easy enough.