PDA

View Full Version : Radio code debacle

Paddy O
Saturday 9th July 2005, 15:44
Being a bit of a thick Paddy, I've screwed up the Radio code...
It went to the code input for no apparent reason, ie I hadn't disconnected anything at all.
We then tried to remember the code rather than waiting to get home & yes, all three attempts were wrong.
Now it just says "off" on the display, & won't take the code.
I cant get it to budge now.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Goof
Saturday 9th July 2005, 16:02
Are you SURE you know the correct code?
Try your main dealer - they should be able to help.
Whilst you're there, ask them to check that their database is up-to-date with your details, and check the recalls - see if they're done.

p fandango
Saturday 9th July 2005, 16:19
after 3 attempts normal radios lock out for several hours, assuming the volvo units work the same you'll have to leave the radio ON until it asks for the code again. Instead of leaving your car with the ignition on for hours it might be a wiser idea to remove the radio & hook it upto a 12v supply in the house or somewhere.

once it resets it may only give you 1 attempt to enter the correct code before it locks out again for several more hours

Paddy O
Saturday 9th July 2005, 16:32
Thanks very much indeed for the swift response.
I've taken the fuse out & I'll give it a couple of hours.
Thanks again.

p fandango
Saturday 9th July 2005, 16:39
Thanks very much indeed for the swift response.
I've taken the fuse out & I'll give it a couple of hours.
Thanks again.
you'll have to leave it actually powered up mate (igniton on & radio on to reset it)

Paddy O
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 19:22
What you do is this:
1) Leave the ignition in the 1 position with the key in
2) Put the radio on so it shows "off" on the display
3) Leave it for 2 hours in the garage
4) Have a pint or two...
5) You get back & you are prompted to enter the code et voila, sounds again.

Moral of the story don't listen to the front seat passenger when she says she can remember the code. Big huff on the way home.

As a PS You hear all sorts of new noises when there's no music, some are great, turbo whine, but all sorts of previously un-discovered rattles.

Cheers

Straker
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 21:18
I had trouble with mine (disconnected the battery at a firends whilst working on it and had no tunes on the way home) :slap:

Anyho I copied the code onto a bit of paper and stuck it to the underside of the handbrake access pannel in the arm rest cubby hole. Nice and out of the way, not on display and means I don't have to remember codes allowing me to memorise usefull car related statictics instead. :B_steerin

Justin
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 21:23
I had trouble with mine (disconnected the battery at a firends whilst working on it and had no tunes on the way home) :slap:

Anyho I copied the code onto a bit of paper and stuck it to the underside of the handbrake access pannel in the arm rest cubby hole. Nice and out of the way, not on display and means I don't have to remember codes allowing me to memorise usefull car related statictics instead. :B_steerin
What a dam good idea, why didnt i think of that :slap:

Straker
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 21:31
What a dam good idea, why didnt i think of that :slap:

An hour on the motorway with no tunes focused the old brain box.

If I actually used my brain i'd be dangerous :bricks: