PDA

View Full Version : Can it be done?

Rnash2002
Tuesday 24th August 2010, 20:32
Ok just thinking if i have to take the 850 off the road for this year what will i do to her,well had a thought and need to know if a s60 t5 2.4 engine would fit into the 850 and mate up to the 850 gearbox or would i have to get the s60 box aswell as the engine??? Also does anyone know what the internal are rated to on this engine?

S70T5Chris
Tuesday 24th August 2010, 20:33
why bother?

t5_monkey
Tuesday 24th August 2010, 20:52
Ok just thinking if i have to take the 850 off the road for this year what will i do to her,well had a thought and need to know if a s60 t5 2.4 engine would fit into the 850 and mate up to the 850 gearbox or would i have to get the s60 box aswell as the engine??? Also does anyone know what the internal are rated to on this engine?

isn't the S60 2.4T about 350bhp before internal mods are needed?

Rnash2002
Tuesday 24th August 2010, 20:54
why bother?

Slightly bigger engine less boost same power to the 850 engine,also im sure i read some where them engines can take more power than the 850 ones?
Would work out cheaper than getting a engine rebuilt with rods and maybe pistons.

Alan M
Tuesday 24th August 2010, 21:26
The heads on the VVT setups do flow better than the motronic system heads. I would just rebuild the engine you have though and fit a later model head if you want a better overall setup. Parts this way can be had quite cheaply if you can source them easy enough.

woz
Wednesday 15th September 2010, 13:19
Is there an info source defining which heads will be compatible with which engine? I know some of you are pretty knowledgeable in this area and there may be a thread already but I have not found it yet.

I am just thinking ahead to wehn I may have to get my head off for a refurb and may go for an exchange / tweaked version whilst I am at it - to reduce downtime obviously!!

Lusty still has good compressions, no undue internal noises or external leaks, just a bit of oil use and smoke puffs on hard take offs and when cold - I am thinking valve guides and seals are prob the issue.

Kind regards

Woz

p fandango
Wednesday 15th September 2010, 15:24
i understand they are all interchangable, read somewhere you need to use the gasket off the head your using

i've got an ME7 head (not sure whether to keep the VVT) & planning to use a D5 block with it
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7569/57233527.jpg