PDA

View Full Version : Front door speaker sizes?

Bison
Friday 8th July 2005, 22:03
Does anyone know what the front door speaker sizes are on the 850? I am looking to get some Alpine Components and want to know what size the speakers are.

Cheers

Big Bison

p fandango
Friday 8th July 2005, 22:24
5's go straight in but you'll need to drill a couple of holes for the bottom 2 lugs on the speaker, Volvo use special speakers which have 2 lugs at the top & the other 2 halve way down the speaker (not in the bottom corners like 5's)

M44K TS
Friday 8th July 2005, 23:41
13cm for the metric amongst us :)

Watch out for clearence of the magnets, i went to fit a set of Focal Utopias and found that the magnets foul the inside of the door and wouldn't sit flush

p fandango
Saturday 9th July 2005, 07:30
Watch out for clearence of the magnets, i went to fit a set of Focal Utopias and found that the magnets foul the inside of the door and wouldn't sit flush
they must have some fair old magnet on the back, i wouldn't say my Vibes got a small magnet & fit ok
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/846/dsc001827xu.jpg

M44K TS
Saturday 9th July 2005, 10:26
the magnet is huge on them and they weigh a ton (about twice the size of the vibe ones"

i think if i put them in it might slow me down lol

p fandango
Sunday 10th July 2005, 03:33
the magnet is huge on them and they weigh a ton (about twice the size of the vibe ones"

i think if i put them in it might slow me down lol
bloody hell, mind you i can't remember what make they were but a had a pair of speakers in my old mini & couldn't be bothered to actually mount them so just stuck them to the inner doorskin using the magnet lol (the good old days before i knew any better)

M44K TS
Sunday 10th July 2005, 23:40
they're big'ns alright, and i was missing tweeters for them but a friend of mine had some lying about doing nothing so i got them and even the magnet on them is heavy

Must be a Focal thing