PDA

View Full Version : Bought me some hid's

SKIDMARKS
Saturday 21st August 2010, 20:26
After deliberations I finally ordered some 6000 H7R's tonite from ebay. Ordered the cancellers as well in case of errors.
They are so cheap now £ 45 inc post from uk. Nearly ordered from China but thought better of it.
Some say..... 20 mins to fit each side ?? I wonder !

p fandango
Saturday 21st August 2010, 20:31
they are very easy to fit, i couldn't use the original headlight dust covers tho because i haven't got a drill bit big enough. The metal clip used to retain the bulb into the light unit needs to come off altogether as it won't be able to swivel out the way like it can with a normal bulb, you need to remove the clip then put it back once you've fitted the HID bulb in (it'll make sense once you start). Other than that its simply securing the ballast unit & plugging in 2 wires into the original bulb connector

i paid £32 from China & haven't needed any cancellors, i'm going to order a set for the full beam as well. You won't be disappointed with the difference

scooter
Saturday 21st August 2010, 20:37
they are very easy to fit, i couldn't use the original headlight dust covers tho because i haven't got a drill bit big enough. The metal clip used to retain the bulb into the light unit needs to come off altogether as it won't be able to swivel out the way like it can with a normal bulb, you need to remove the clip then put it back once you've fitted the HID bulb in (it'll make sense once you start). Other than that its simply securing the ballast unit & plugging in 2 wires into the original bulb connector

i paid £32 from China & haven't needed any cancellors, i'm going to order a set for the full beam as well. You won't be disappointed with the difference

any pictures as i was thinking of buying a set myself for both sets of bulbs

SKIDMARKS
Saturday 21st August 2010, 20:51
Thanks for that fandago, I thought I would order the cancellers as some say they are needed, as for the chinese thing you got a good price. I just felt it a bit risky, mind you....they will be making the whole car soon eh ?
Can't stand fiddling with bulbs so will probably get my son to do it. He works in a body shop and he'll probably have them fitted before I read the intructions !

p fandango
Saturday 21st August 2010, 21:02
any pictures as i was thinking of buying a set myself for both sets of bulbs
these are the only pics i took, they do show where i mounted the ballist units

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9281/lgim0003m.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3259/lgim0004i.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2724/picture004i.jpg
difference between HID's & halogen

this is the seller i bought mine off LINK (http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/manufactory88), i'm going for the 55watt bulbs in the full beam

p fandango
Saturday 21st August 2010, 21:06
Thanks for that fandago, I thought I would order the cancellers as some say they are needed, as for the chinese thing you got a good price. I just felt it a bit risky, mind you....they will be making the whole car soon eh ?
i think it depends on the kit whether you need the cancellors or not, as you say some bring on the failure light while other kits don't

i would say i'm never have a Chinese Volvo, but i said i'd never own a F*rd Volvo but bought a D5 :doh:

Can't stand fiddling with bulbs so will probably get my son to do it. He works in a body shop and he'll probably have them fitted before I read the intructions !
instructions, what they for? lol

scooter
Saturday 21st August 2010, 21:53
p fandango thanks for the photos I think you have twisted my arm

p fandango
Saturday 21st August 2010, 22:16
p fandango thanks for the photos I think you have twisted my arm
oi, you can't blame me if the wife finds out lol

scooter
Saturday 21st August 2010, 23:25
oi, you can't blame me if the wife finds out lol

she loves my car that much she wants to have a drive in it but it scares the crap out of her and she would be to scared of damaging it

Vikingxl
Sunday 22nd August 2010, 00:37
I dont go out after dark theres scary people out there